Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stampede knockoff?  (Read 4531 times)

DaisyCutter

• Using less gas.
Re: Stampede knockoff?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:05 AM »

FYI - Some have speculated that the new controller on the Rec Tec, was actually at least possibly developed by the same people as who did the controller on the Traeger Timberline.   Some people have said that in early versions of the app used, it actually had Traeger's name somewhere in it... (  although I can't offer any proof of that being the case ).

Not sure if there is any aspect of all that that is copyrighted , or patented in any way.

I don't know about Traeger, but I downloaded the App very early on to check it out (even though I didn't have the new wifi) and when you went to update the app, it would error out showing some Chinese text and information. I didn't pay much attention to it.

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »

FYI - Some have speculated that the new controller on the Rec Tec, was actually at least possibly developed by the same people as who did the controller on the Traeger Timberline.   Some people have said that in early versions of the app used, it actually had Traeger's name somewhere in it... (  although I can't offer any proof of that being the case ).

Not sure if there is any aspect of all that that is copyrighted , or patented in any way.

I don't know about Traeger, but I downloaded the App very early on to check it out (even though I didn't have the new wifi) and when you went to update the app, it would error out showing some Chinese text and information. I didn't pay much attention to it.

Yes, well my point is... we don't really know who is exactly responsible for developing the code, or who owns the rights to the code...  So, just because another grill uses a controller that looks identical, it's very hard for any of us to say who actually 'owns' the rights to use or sell it...  It may , or may not be Traeger... and for that mater it may or may not be Rec Tec either.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »

I always thought the RecTec controller was from Roanoke?  Also used by Blaz’N. The new one I’m unsure of.
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »

Lifesmart was the company that had the bullseye on selling it back when it came out. Think they also had the disc cooker whatever they called it.

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2018, 10:34:10 PM »

I always thought the RecTec controller was from Roanoke?  Also used by Blaz’N. The new one I’m unsure of.

They switched away to their own knockoff of the Roanoke controller a few years ago. The new controller is definitely not a Roanoke controller
Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up