Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip o' the Hat  (Read 1721 times)

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
Tip o' the Hat
« on: July 20, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »

Bentley and Kristin,

YOWZAH, I checked the numbers today and I see that this very nice forum is now ready to turn the corner on 1,000 members.

That is a VERY significant happening. As I recall, it was less than a year ago the Bentely and his trustworthy assistant Kristin took off on this journey to keep in contact with a few loyal PH forum friends. Probably in their wildest visions were the fact that the PF forum would be where it is today.

This feat needs to be met with a serious thankyou to them for all of the work that is done in managing this forum. And thankyou for absorbing the cost as well.

Because of you - this forum is wonderful. And I love being a member here.

Trooper Bill
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:45:37 PM by Trooper »
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Tip o' the Hat
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »

I'll second that. Thank you both!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »

Unbelievable....at times, it seems like it was just last week that this place opened.  At other times, it feels like it has been around forever.  It has turned into a nice home and community.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

ZCZ

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »

:clap: :cool: :clap: :cool:

Thanks again for starting this site!

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

Bentley and Kristin,

YOWZAH, I checked the numbers today and I see that this very nice forum is now ready to turn the corner on 1,000 members.

That is a VERY significant happening. As I recall, it was less than a year ago the Bentely and his trustworthy assistant Kristin took off on this journey to keep in contact with a few loyal PH forum friends. Probably in their wildest visions were the fact that the PF forum would be where it is today.

This feat needs to be met with a serious thankyou to them for all of the work that is done in managing this forum. And thankyou for absorbing the cost as well.

Because of you - this forum is wonderful. And I love being a member here.

Trooper Bill

It sure feels good here.

On one hand, it would have been ‘nice’ to be able to bring some content from the ‘other’ site over here, on the other hand sometimes it is better ‘restart’ with a clean slate.

This site feels ‘better’ with the clean start.

The content has gotten better and more refined.

The members here are wonderful and our hosts are great.

Thank you Bentley and Kristin..  :clap: :bbq:
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »

Nice words, it is simply fun to hang out with folks...But financially, year one was brought to you by Chris Becker and Cookinpellets.com and IT was brought to you by LowSlowFoShow.  They need to be recognized for those contributions, not the 2 of us!

I guess what I look forward to the most in the near future is cooking the 2019 American Royal Open...I am going to that one, come xxxx or high water and will do it by myself if i have to!  I want to start that new tradition here at PelletFan, and it probably will be the only competition I do every year!  And 2019 will be 10 years since Pelletheads.com took their 3rd place finish in 2010!  Who knows, maybe a top 50 finish?

So, after a post like this and the comments that followed, I guess I better pay HostGator & GoDaddy for year 2!

And thankyou for absorbing the cost as well.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:03:39 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »

â€¦.and will do it by myself if i have to!

Not to worry about doing it alone, Comrade.  I'll be there to wash the dishes and wipe the sweat again...
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Ralphie

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »

From my perspective I'd say a big part of the success is the culture of embracing newbies to both the forum and to pellet cooking.  Thank you to the community for being a priceless resource. 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »

A big thank you to Bentley, Kristen, Chris Becker and LowSlowFoShow for making this happen.

And also to all of the great members that post on here.
FE PG 1000

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »

Hey, I paid those big bucks to HostGator for the first year.  I tell you, I get no respect!

But it was a small sum compared to what Chris Becker and Cookinpellets.com gave and LowSlowForShow's technical skills are what really got this site up and running, so a big thanks to him!

Also, thanks to those who bought something from Thermoworks and used the Pelletfan code. Those amounts will go towards the operating costs for year two.

Biggest thanks of all goes to the membership and those who post -- sharing ideas, recipes, experiences, technical tips, insights.  Your contributions and photos are what make this forum.  Also, thanks to all of you for your kindness, caring and civility to each other and for abiding by the rules, even if you don't agree with all of them.  It makes moderating the site so much easier with quality members.

I am shocked by the number of members we have so far, so I will be curious to see what the next year brings.

W6YJ

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 04:32:02 PM »

When PH disappeared I was more than disappointed. I tried Googling to see if there was a good place to switch to. At one point I even Googled Bentley and found him posting in an Aussie forum (felt like a stalker).

One day I tried Google again and PelletFan popped up. I tried going to the site and was floored to see it was Bentley and Kristin' baby.

Thank you to all four of you for your tremendous efforts.

I still know next to nothing about pellet cooking, but every time I look at the wide variety of posts here, I know a little more.

Thanks....
Ed

urnmor

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 04:45:58 PM »

This a great forum with great information.  My hat is off to both of you. :cool:

TravlinMan

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »

As of 5:23 EDT 7/20/2018   :clap: :cool: :clap: :cool:

General Statistics

Total Members:    1000
Total Posts:    33405
Total Topics:    2254
Total Categories:    11
Users Online:    14
Most Online:    65 - January 15, 2018, 11:38:18 AM
Online Today:    26
Total page views:    2783230
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »

Bentley, have you identified the thousandth member?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 09:16:22 PM »

Not to discount what has been built here, but let's give a shout out to the schmuck who let the other site die a slow and painful death.  I suspect they thought by buying it that they could corner the market somewhere else.  Didn't work out so well for them.  Small part their ignorance, and a larger part to those who found this site and turned it into the best pellet grill fraternity on the internet.

Keep up the great work folks.  Keep posting recipes, instructions, photos, challenges, issues, solutions, etc.

Here's to another great year and beyond!!!! :clap: :cool:
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up