Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Aug 2017
  • My first intro to pellet pits was when I went to a competition in San Diego with Bentley.  He cooked all 4 comp meats on one Traeger and I entered the "Anything Butt" with a Mahi Mahi in a jalapeno/pineapple sauce.  I got second and was hooked on competitions.  He hated to cook the chicken, so I started to cook that and do the boxes and eventually moved into all the sauces for the 4 meats.  I also always did the "anything butt" and, whenever possible, submitted desserts. I cook on a GMG Daniel Boone and a Memphis Pro.

I have met a lot of incredible people through pellet cooking and made some very nice friendships.  I hope that continues on this forum.
  • #2 by Quadman750 on 27 Aug 2017
  • I'm positive it will continue, extremely friendly community here.
  • #3 by SmokinHandyman on 27 Aug 2017
  • Thanks for telling me about this site.
  • #4 by MP09 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Thank you for getting me the info to this site. Spread the word!
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Aug 2017
  • Ummmm, it's not a move for me.  It's a welcome addition to other forums.

Ditto

Well gosh, I felt that way until a few minutes ago when I realized that my account had been deleted from Pelletheads.  Don't know why -- guess it was because I am related to Bentley.  Did not ask for it to happen and was not given any explanation as to why or any warning it was going to happen.  So I guess I will only be able to communicate with all you folks here.    Kind of a shock since I was about the 5th person to sign up with PH in March 2007.  Man, I guess that new broom really wants to clean house.
  • #6 by pmillen on 28 Aug 2017
  • Well gosh, I felt that way until a few minutes ago when I realized that my account had been deleted from Pelletheads.

I don't know what to think of this.  Has your relationship with Burk, yours and Bentley's, become adversarial?  Are the two sites competing?  I suppose that they might compete for manufacturer attention.  Maybe that caused it.
  • #7 by Bentley on 28 Aug 2017
  • We are not competing as far as I am concerned, maybe he feels different.  I have no plans for Manufacture attention.  They know they are welcome on this site, just like they were when I ran the other.  They all stopped contributing there, and I would have to, it was usually a lose/lose situation for them, but that discussion is for another time.  I would love to have them interact here, but I don't see it happening.

I was most disturbed by the end of his new Registration Agreement...All my post are before he bought the site, deal with Performance Test and Product Reviews that were done in Good Faith.  He tells me in the 1st conversation we ever have that he is going to monetize the site and you want me to agree to CYA if something goes wrong?  Just delete my post and we will call it a day! 

I asked to be deleted and was, my posts have not been, we will see what happens with that...why he did it to Kristin, no idea.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Aug 2017
  • I have never spoken,e-mailed or PMed Burk. I haven't contacted any manufacturers or tried to do anything that would interefere with his ability to attract ads to the site. I don't believe I even posted on PH after he announced that he owned the site because I wanted to be very neutral and give him a chance to establish himself and make it his own.  Just kind of hard to be deleted from something you helped found and build.
Pages:
Actions