Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bobitis on 05 Sep 2017
  • I like it. However, I don't like...

Replying to a post, and winding back up on the original 'view new post thread'. I have to click on view new, and wind back up at the latest post.
    Now I gotta click through all those already read posts to get to the one after the one I replied to.

Very aggravating.
  • #2 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • Embarrassed to say I have no idea what you are talking about...
  • #3 by WiPelletHead on 05 Sep 2017
  • I like it. However, I don't like...

Replying to a post, and winding back up on the original 'view new post thread'. I have to click on view new, and wind back up at the latest post.
    Now I gotta click through all those already read posts to get to the one after the one I replied to.

Very aggravating.

When I want to reply to a post, I right click and open it in a new tab. That way after replying, I can just go back to the other tab and I'm right back to where I was.

Works for me.
  • #4 by Bentley on 06 Sep 2017
  • So I reply to this post and this happens...

Edit: Ok, I understand what you are saying.  Guess I never noticed it.  I am not sure there is a fix, but will ask LSFS...
  • #5 by pz on 06 Sep 2017
  • Although I'm not positive if this addresses your issue, you can try this:
    • Go to your Profile
    • Click Modify profile
    • Click Look and layout
    • Check the box next to Return to topics after posting by default

This has the result of returning to the topic in which you replied to a post.

I also like to check the box Show most recent posts at the top if I am on a forum that I visit multiple times a day - that way the newest post is at the top rather than at the bottom, which is a time saver if there are many pages of posts in a topic.
  • #6 by Bentley on 06 Sep 2017
  • Lets just see what happens...

Edit:  There are some really smart members on this site!

THANK YOU pz!
  • #7 by pz on 06 Sep 2017
  • You're too kind - glad to be of assistance, Bentley  ;)
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 06 Sep 2017
  • I look at the forum on my laptop so any thread I want to read I just open it in a new tab that way I always have a tab with the whole new posts thing to go back to.  Just right click on the thread and hit open in new tab. If there are multiple pages and you know you have read through say 4 of the 5 right click on the 5 and it will open that page so you don't have to start from the beginning.
Pages:
Actions