Poll: Do you own a smaller, portable pellet pit?

Yes
- 20 (37%)
No
- 34 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Jul 2018
  • Just curious as to how many folks own the smaller portable pellet pits.  Sorry, but I don't know all their names, I really just know the Davy Crockett because Bent performance tested one for PH.  If folks know the different names, please post and I can run another poll to see how many folks own each (I do love polls!)
  • #2 by reubenray on 27 Jul 2018
  • I have a Traeger Junior with a tailgater kit that stays in my motorhome.  The GMG DB is used mainly while at home.  I use the Traeger at least once a week while on trips.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 27 Jul 2018
  • Davey Crockett here.
  • #4 by Bobitis on 27 Jul 2018
  • I have a Traeger Jr also but I don't porta it.
  • #5 by JimAZ on 28 Jul 2018
  • I have a rec-Tec mini as well.  I not sure how portable it is though.
  • #6 by TravlinMan on 28 Jul 2018
  • Traeger PTG for the RV - fits in the storage area..
    Davy Crockett for the house..

..................... :bbq:
  • #7 by Bentley on 28 Jul 2018
  • A small sampling I understand, but 30% taking survey own one...this is a site for the hardcore...
  • #8 by Bobitis on 29 Jul 2018
  • A small sampling I understand, but 30% taking survey own one...this is a site for the hardcore...

I don't know that I'd call it hard core. Many of us don't have the space or the need for something larger.

When I bought my Jr, it was just me and my son in a condo with a deck on the 2nd floor. Size was paramount in my choice, not portability. The Jr was a perfect fit, and I've no desire to make it 'portable'. Its weight and size make it far more than 1 person can carry.

Portable to me = if I can carry it. More than me = workable. I could do it if I removed the hopper assy every time, but that ain't gonna happen.  :pig:
  • #9 by Jimsbarbecue on 30 Jul 2018
  • Full size MAK that fits on a cargo carrier
  • #10 by smokin soon on 30 Jul 2018
  • In a perfect world, I could envision a Traeger Jr sized pit with a quick connect Hopper and a pellet dump. Would make transporting easier.
  • #11 by reubenray on 30 Jul 2018
  • The Junior is not really that heavy.  I would say it is more awkward to carry by one person, than being to heavy.  I get my wife to help to get it out of the compartment of my motorhome and to put it back in. If the campground does not have a picnic table I use my own portable table.  It has wheels, but I very seldom use them.
  • #12 by EC on 30 Jul 2018
  • Had my Davy Crockett for about 4 years in my Motorhome.  Would travel without it.  Only down side is I was recently told I cannot use it during fire bans since it cannot be immediately shut off with a dial or switch like propane can.
  • #13 by silverbullet on 30 Jul 2018
  • My Davy Crockett Lives in the back of my Ford Explorer all summer only to come out when needed at the campgrounds,  :D

I use the Louisiana at home.
  • #14 by dshaffes on 31 Jul 2018
  • Traeger just came out with 2 new portable grills, the Ranger and the Scout.  Anyone bought one or know someone who has one?
  • #15 by Phrett on 05 Aug 2018
  • I use the Davey Crockett on occasion.  This year I haven’t fired it up, nor the Memphis, due to my limited mobility after surgeries.
Pages:
Actions