Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offending Smoke Gods!!!  (Read 524 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Offending Smoke Gods!!!
« on: July 27, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »

I must have offended the Smoke Gods since it has stormed every time I have smoked something since June 30th.  On June 30th I had five pork butts that was about an hour from being done when a storm hit that blew down my canopy and got everything wet.  Fortunately that time I was able to finish the butts in the oven.  Today I was only doing a Papa Murphy pizza and it has been storming for two hours now.  I was able to get an umbrella over the smoker this time.  I have been smoking something at least once a week, but I may have to give up until the summer storms are over.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
Re: Offending Smoke Gods!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »

You can come visit and bring the rain with if you want a change of scenery.   Won't see cloud one over here.   :rotf:
I do remember the big rain storms from South Louisiana, so I feel  your pain.  Hang in there, it will pass.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »

We had 5 inches of rain last week and a thunderstorm today.  I was able to sneak in some ribs and pork shoulder burnt ends in and out of the rain today.  Still have not got around to fixing my Pit Boss though.  That will probably be September when it cools down.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:07:00 AM »

Fire fighters out here in northern California would love some rain.  Even though my house is no danger of a fire, the hills around us are burnt from various brush fires.   

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »

Bought my Wife a riding lawn mower, She has hardly used it because of lack of rain.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24
Pages: [1]   Go Up