Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by jdmessner on 01 Aug 2018
  • It looks like University of Michigan football coach, Jim Harbaugh, has a chicken conspiracy theory. He has told his players not to eat chicken because it is a nervous bird. Apparently eating chicken white meat, rather than beef or pork, has allowed some kind of sickness to permeate society.

A Detroit Free Press reporter says he is right, but for the wrong reasons. Shawn Windsor writes, I'll agree with Harbaugh in this way: White chicken meat is making us sick … in the head. It stunts our growth, because white meat has no flavor, and adult food should taste like something more than cardboard.

White meat, then, is kid's food. There's a reason we grind it up and label it "nuggets" and "fingers" and even shape it into cute little dinosaurs. Oh, you can grill a boneless breast and slice it up and lay it on top of a salad and pretend you're being a big boy. 

Or … you can eat a thigh. Or a leg. Or even a wing. Had Harbaugh extolled the satisfying and complex properties of the chicken thigh, and encouraged his team to indulge in a little dark meat, who knows, he might have a better record against his rivals.

Not to sure where Harbaugh is coming from, but I guess I really cannot argue with the reporter!
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Aug 2018
  • Well, Jim has probably been visiting a lot of Buffalo Wild Wing places to gather data.  I mean, just look at all the folks in those restaurants, they are just the definition of nervous right? :pig:
  • #3 by GatorDave on 01 Aug 2018
  • I would totally listen to that guy.  He's a genius.

• #4 by GatorDave on 01 Aug 2018
  • I would totally listen to that guy.  He's a genius.

Uh, which one is he?

I think he's the guy that's in that tree in the background..lol.
  • #5 by Trooper on 01 Aug 2018
  • GOOD ONE, sschor!!!

GO GREEN
  • #6 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2018
  • That is why wings need sauce and a breast is best served stuffed with ham and cheese and deep fried!
  • #7 by TLK on 01 Aug 2018
  • one more reason Ohio State fans love Harbaugh......
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 01 Aug 2018
  • Although Urban might be a nervous bird himself tonight......
  • #9 by TLK on 01 Aug 2018
  • Although Urban might be a nervous bird himself tonight......

Yes, I would say that Urban is quite nervous tonight.....
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Aug 2018
  • If he is, that is too bad.  Domestic abuse is an issue for the police and criminal courts to deal with once the abused person makes a complaint.  After the justice system is done and has made a finding on the issue, then an employer can get involved.
  • #11 by cookingjnj on 02 Aug 2018
  • I also agree with you 100% Kristin.  My comment was not necessarily about the law and the very real and upsetting issue of domestic violence, but more on the issue if he actually knew about this second incident with his coach or not, because he did know about the first one.  If he did indeed know, after repeatedly saying he did not know about the second incident, he might be nervous.  The actual DV itself is a legal issue and one for  investigators and courts to figure out, my comment came more from a moral standpoint.  If he indeed did not know, which from a moral standpoint I think we all hope for, what a tough world has been created to be a leader in any facet of life now days.   

Ugh, sorry  jdmessner, I think I helped hijack your thread!
  • #12 by jdmessner on 03 Aug 2018
  • IUgh, sorry  jdmessner, I think I helped hijack your thread!

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, I look at it as an evolving conversation! I feel bad for all involved in the OSU situation. As far as Urban is concerned, if he knew what was going on, I guess it boils down to legal obligation vs. moral obligation. Our society today is quick to condem without knowing the facts. We'll have to see how this plays out. It is just sad all the way around. I hope and pray the woman who was assalted will be able to get through this without further hurt.
  • #13 by pmillen on 03 Aug 2018
  • On the question of his knowledge of the first and second DV incidents.

My religion is based on confession, contrition and forgiveness.  Coach Meyer's may also be.

If Urban went to Zach Smith and saw remorsefulness and penitence and obtained a promise to stop, he might have said, "Okay, this is behind us.  Let's move forward honorably."

If he was notified of ongoing DV then that's another issue.

I'm somewhat troubled by the Internet undertones questioning why Mrs. Smith didn't end the marriage a long time ago.  We'll probably never know her reasoning but there are some obvious possibilities; she may still love Zach and/or believe that he can change, may feel compelled to stay in an abusive marriage for religious reasons, or stay for reasons related to their children (e.g., want them to grow up with both parents).
  • #14 by Bentley on 03 Aug 2018
  • I would hate to be a Senior and on that team right now...Urban is gone!  Be like cheating on a test!  No Comment is our friend!
Pages:
Actions