Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Sep 2017
  • We leave tomorrow to start our trek to Alabama for the Bama-FSU game.  We will be traveling down US 81 to Bristol, Va continuing to Knoxville, TN.  Then turning on to US 75 to Chattanooga, TN and then on to S.R. 72 in Alabama into Huntsville.

Any good diners a long the way that anyone knows of?  We really are not into bbq places unless you can attest that they have great beef ribs.  Thanks!
  • #2 by InThePitBBQ on 06 Sep 2017
  • The best diner in all of Bama sits on top of a mountain near Huntsville, while it has a Scottsboro address it's actually in the small town of Skyline where the original Skyline farms project was founded in 1934. Everything in Skyline has Scottsboro addresses as they don't have a post office up there of their own.

It sits right on Hwy. 79 (21713 Al Highway 79) and locals call it Woodalls cafe AKA Sam's Kuntry Kitchen.

While the BBQ is always fantastic on Friday night, you can't miss with the chicken fried steak and most anything else on the menu is delicious and plentiful.

If your ever headed to Huntsville from TN it's worth stopping in to eat there, lunches are all served buffet style in addition to their regular menu and Thursday lunch is out of this world all of it is traditional Southern favorites with more entree's and sides than a person can eat.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Sep 2017
  • Chicken Fried Steak -- you are talking our language!!!! :cool:  Thanks.
  • #4 by Bentley on 07 Sep 2017
  • We made it to Huntsville, I can't do 704 miles in a vehicle in one day like I could just 10 years ago!  And if you had told me 2 weeks ago that I would not be able to get through all the post that are on this site not having accessed it in just 24 hours I would have laughed at you...8pm local time this will probably be the 1st time I am asleep before midnight in the last 10 years!

Space Center in the Morning...that is gonna be a blast thanks Tamck1!  Good night!
  • #5 by InThePitBBQ on 07 Sep 2017
  • The space center is awesome! I like the underwater training scuba tank the best, you'll love it there.

If you guys want to do something else fun while your there Cathedral Caverns state park is about 45 minutes away in Woodville. It's the best cave tour in the state and Budday S BBQ is close to there it's good eating and has the best deserts I've ever tasted from a BBQ restaurant.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #6 by Bentley on 08 Sep 2017
  • The time is pretty filled up.  Space Center today, travel to game, watch game, try and get as far from game as possible tomorrow, and all day on road Sunday...But the suggestions were appreciated...
  • #7 by Queball on 08 Sep 2017
  • Sorry ..... Only Seafood Places .......  ???
    • Queball
  • #8 by pmillen on 08 Sep 2017
  • Bentley, get a message to Marcus McMaryion.  Tell him to deflate the balls by a couple of pounds.
  • #9 by Bentley on 08 Sep 2017
  • Was a fun experience at the Space Center, bummed I was to fat to be allowed on the Mars rock wall, and that the G-force was closed...but other then that a pretty cool time, landed the shuttle safely twice at Canaveral runway 33...

Pages:
Actions