Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You Hearthland, L.L.C. and Greg, aka Memphis Tech!  (Read 767 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Thank You Hearthland, L.L.C. and Greg, aka Memphis Tech!
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

I guess some had issues with wear in the older models, maybe mine did, not sure as I am real tough on pits so I just assumed it was normal wear for someone who abuses their pit. 

A while back, Greg and the good folks at Hearthland sent me some liners to put in the Pro.  Now mine is one of the very 1st I believe, for those of you that were not around in 2010, I was so impressed with the Memphis Pro after the Performance Test on Pelletheads.com I bought it...Man, eight wonderful cooking years, and many Competitions and 2 moves, one across the country later..hard to believe. 

So always looking for the easier, softer way in my life, I chose to do as little as possible to make my unit run, I only installed what I needed to make the unit function.  Well it caught up with me.  The 1st photos are how the unit had become...now before you jump to conclusions, keep in mind this pit had more grease fire then I can count, and I think we know who is at fault when we have a grease fire!

So thanks to Greg taking the time to send me stuff to get it going and taking the time to walk me through some thing I am back ready to have some more grease fires..So it may not look new and updated to the average Joe...But thanks to Greg and the Memphis folks, I figure I just bought at least 8 more year, maybe more if I will take care of it!  Thanks to a fine company who is still taking care of me 8 years after the sale!

So you will see before and after photos, both sides and front and back panels are new inserts, along with the back grill bracket (the thing that was half gone) and side flame tamer selves!  You can see the right side was completely gone!  Also got my new RTD and I am back to 5 X 5 !

Big Difference between Before and After!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:40:17 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Thank You Hearthland, L.L.C. and Greg, aka Memphis Tech!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »

They are monster sturdy pits -- believe me, you have not seen the abuse heaped on this pit over 8 years!  This last fire was unbelievable, I am not sure why the house did not catch on fire.

Hearthland is a fine company that builds a quality product.  Thanks Greg and Hearthland.

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »

That is a storied unit my friend!  Remind me to tell you a story about the back rail that holds up the main grill grates when I see you in MN next month.  From the time when I was working with the engineering crew on design changes.
Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:32:32 AM »

They were a great help when my Pro went down. Nothing like that. Glad you're up and running.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:31:32 AM »

Most interesting. It's so nice to be treated well by a caring company.  :)

Phrett

• Using less gas.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:58:35 PM »

Gotta love the quality and support from a excellent company!
Memphis Pro GMG DC Electric vertical smoker Blues, booze and BBQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up