Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rdsbucks on 02 Aug 2018
  • Anybody have any experience with them? There are only a few built-in pellet poopers and the ones that exist are from Memphis at mid $3k. The LG is under $2K. Any thoughts on this or built-in PGs in general?
  • #2 by dk117 on 03 Aug 2018
  • probably not what you are looking for in a response, but here goes.   A granite counter-top has a life expectancy of 100 years.   Maybe you replace it in 25 years due to aesthetics.  Your grill, smoker, pit ... your cooker of choice ... will it last 25 years, will the technology stand up?   This uncertainty has me avoiding built in units vs something I can move and swap out if needed.  This coming from a guy who just spent a small fortune on a smoker that is built to last a lifetime.

DK
    • dk117
  • #3 by rdsbucks on 03 Aug 2018
  • DK I am grateful for your input. I have this big, covered back patio where I am putting in an outdoor kitchen. I have pretty much decided that I don't want anything sitting or standing there that is not incorporated into the kitchen. It's kind of like how they have adjusted outdoor kitchens to big green eggs...I want my smoker built-in too. and If I put it on the end I can probably swap it out by removing a few screws that hold on the end piece if I need too. But I'm not worried about 25 years from now...just 5 years from now. I am assuming if I need to swap it out that I can just put in another one.
Pages:
Actions