Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cook time for 4LB brisket  (Read 476 times)

BC Buck

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Cook time for 4LB brisket
« on: August 05, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

Dad had to process a 700LB feeder. Wants me to smoke the brisket and it weights 4LB after trimming. Im not that experienced at brisket to know safe start time. Was planing to smoke at 220 till 160 deg then wrap and throw in oven at 250 till 202 degrees. Would like to serve at 5:30 pm. Is 9 am too early to start. Thanks

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Cook time for 4LB brisket
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »

The good thing about briskets is when it is done, you can put it in a cooler, warmer drawer, etc. to hold. I would plan on 1 - 1.5 hours per pound. But remember this is just a guidance.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »

Sorry, late to the game. I cooked a 5.5# flat last weekend. Put it in the pit at 7:15am with the pit rolling at 225. Foiled at 155 and pulled off the pit at 4:30 when temp read 205, opened the foil to let cool and stop the cooking, sealed the foil and FTC.   Sliced and served at around 7:30 and it was really good.  Being able to FTC allows a lot of play room even after the rest point.

BC Buck

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 07:17:31 AM »

Sorry, late to the game. I cooked a 5.5# flat last weekend. Put it in the pit at 7:15am with the pit rolling at 225. Foiled at 155 and pulled off the pit at 4:30 when temp read 205, opened the foil to let cool and stop the cooking, sealed the foil and FTC.   Sliced and served at around 7:30 and it was really good.  Being able to FTC allows a lot of play room even after the rest point.
Thanks for the reply's from everyone. I am getting ready to do the brisket today. Looks like yours took little over 1.5 hours per pound. What does FTC stand fore?

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »

Federal Trade Commission. Foil/Towel/Chest: Wrap in foil-double wrap best. Then wrap in a towel and place in a chest being a cooler-NO ICE. Leave in chest minimum 1HR. Generally 2 to 5 hrs is good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up