Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by AnyExcuse2Q on 08 Aug 2019
  • Pretty sure it is working properly.
  • #17 by Canadian John on 09 Aug 2019

•  For what it's worth, I had a Traeger Lil Tex for 5 years and found the only time I could obtain 400º or if lucky, 415º, was when the pit was empty, no to little wind and above ~ 60º ambient..For the most part,

anything 325º and under was easily attained...At 375º and up, I felt the pit was struggling..I wouldn't use it  in the Winter for that reason...Didn't seem to matter what pellets were used.

There is a restrictor in the auger, that if removed will allow for more pellet flow (Pro22). The 34 doesn't have it..If removed, more pellets will be delivered to the pot = faster warm-up and higher

temps..However there is a price to pay. That is smoke and low temps won't be as controllable. The 34's burn-pot has two more holes to maximize combustion.. If your Pro is a 34, you are not alone with

heating issues that to my knowledge, there is no fix for.   :2cents:

• #18 by AnyExcuse2Q on 09 Aug 2019
  • It is indeed a 34. Thanks, Canadian John :clap: for confirming, and Thanks, Bar-B-Lew :clap: for trying to help me.

So back to original question--in my problematic Pro34, will these burn any hotter than just wood pellets?

Thanks!

• #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Aug 2019
  • Unless you have 100% hickory or oak I don't think anything will burn hotter than that.
Pages:
Actions