Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by cookingjnj on 11 Aug 2018
  • Hi all,
    I know this is not a new topic again.  The family went down to FLA to visit the in-laws this week which left me all on my own.  Decided late in the afternoon to smoke off some chicken wings.  Although this is not my first chicken wing cook, I do have to say it was my best (according to me)!  I did not do anything much different from my previous cooks other than the initial  cook temp:  tossed with EVOO, rubbed with the Chili Lime rub from Weber, and allowed to sit while the pit came up to temp.  90 minutes at 190 (tried something new, never set the pit at 190).  After 90 minutes raised the temp to 270 for 30 minutes.  I know you should never raise the lid during cooking, but did raise at 15 minutes to ensure all was well.  In the end the chicken was cooked perfect, and although the skin was not ultra crispy, it had a great bit through, not chewy, and was awesome!  Nothing left on the bone when done!

As a note, the baby carrots on the right of the picture were actually put on the pit with the wings when temp was turned up from 190 to 250.  They were good and had a hint of smoke, next time I will put them on from the beginning to see how they come out.  Sauce was Blue Cheese salad dressing. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by Canadian John on 13 Aug 2018

• Nice job.  I always smoke poultry for an hour then cook at 375º to 400º until done.  It always turns out extremely moist and tasty.
  • #3 by DMAXNAZ on 18 Aug 2018
  • I'm going to try the evoo next time. I usually just apply the rub to them dry.
  • #4 by triplebq on 18 Aug 2018
  • Nicely done  :lick:
Pages:
Actions