Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Dudley Do Right on 12 Aug 2018
  • I have made lots of modification to my Traeger. My next was a planed modification of the drip tray (needs replacing anyway). I saw the Drip tray In Louisiana and Cabelas grill, after digging found the thread here.  For those who have it  How do you like this kind of Drip Tray?  The new version of this smoker has a center fire pot the main drip tray and a smaller heat shield with slots as well. with a handle the slides them both open or closed.  Look forward to your thoughts

• #2 by silverbullet on 13 Aug 2018
  • I've had a Traeger & a few GMG's and now a Louisiana. The curved driptray IMHO works no different than any other driptray with the exception if the flame zone cooking which I like.

One thing you may want to think about is how the airflow change may or may not work in a Traeger. The temp probe is also in the center of the grill on the Louisiana vs temp probe on the end on a Traeger.
  • #3 by Dudley Do Right on 14 Aug 2018
  • Thanks Silver Bullet.  I was wanting to modify the drip tray to have a flame Zone (sear). I pulled the controller years ago and installed my own with a PLC and home-brew code. I can run up to 8 sensors and have 4 that I use for temps when I'm testing.

I may just design my own tray. This domed one looked intriguing. Does your grill also have a heat shield that's slotted or no heat shield? 
  • #4 by silverbullet on 16 Aug 2018
  • Domed & slotted.
Pages:
Actions