Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Myron Mixon's New Pellets - Anyone tried 'em?  (Read 722 times)

RogueWave

• Lurker
Myron Mixon's New Pellets - Anyone tried 'em?
« on: August 16, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »

Hello,

Finally had a chance to come over from the "old boards" at riverrat49's recommendation.  Thanks for having me.

I saw these at a local home improvement store unique to my area, but they can be found a few other places as well.  They've had 'em for quite a number of months so I'm surprised I haven't been able to find anything about them on any barbecue boards anywheres.

The 2 products are:

Mixon's Mix (hickory and peach)
Hickory

These are different than Mixon's old stuff.  You can google "mixon's mix pellets" and you'll find them.  The Hickory bag has the same look as the Mixon's Mix.  I'd post a link, but the home page lists their retail partners and I don't want to start off my tenure here by bending Bentley's rules.

At my local store, I can get them for 15 bucks per 20 lb bag.  Not exactly cheap, but much cheaper than I see them at other places.  They ran a sale a few weeks back for like $11.50.  I was too busy and forgot to swing by, darnit.

They don't exactly guarantee that there are no other base woods involved.  Oak should be fine... depending on the ratios involved, a-la BBQr-s Delight & B&B.  I had sent a couple of emails to them with no response.  Surprise.  So I called today and left a message.

They're supposed to be made by ThermaGlo.  I just sent an email to them as well.

Anyone have any experience with these?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:27:48 PM by RogueWave »

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Myron Mixon's New Pellets - Anyone tried 'em?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »

I have no experience with those pellets, but I'm fairly certain that if they do not claim to be 100% flavor wood, there are fillers in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up