Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ArborAgent on 22 Aug 2018
  • Winner of the "too little too late" award.

I just got an email that the meater blocks are starting to ship. With a top temp of 212º, it'll only be useful for low and slow. Looking forward to seeing how it performs but I don't think it's going to replace my Fireboard or Smoke.
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 22 Aug 2018
  • I am not sure if I was in the first 1000 so I will no doubt still be waiting. I don't even remember how many years it has been.
  • #3 by Ross77 on 22 Aug 2018
  • Winner of the "too little too late" award.

I just got an email that the meater blocks are starting to ship. With a top temp of 212º, it'll only be useful for low and slow. Looking forward to seeing how it performs but I don't think it's going to replace my Fireboard or Smoke.

That's an internal temp of 212.  You can use it for high heat grilling.

I've been using the single Meater probe for a few months now and I like it.  It's really nice not having to wrangle wires. 
  • #4 by LowSlowFoShow on 23 Aug 2018
  • I hope to have time to review mine once it arrives next month.  I am backer 407.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 23 Aug 2018
  • I just went and looked #362 so I should be in the first batch. Finally after 3 years.
  • #6 by Bentley on 23 Aug 2018
  • Was it intended as a Internal Meat temperature gauge?
  • #7 by LowSlowFoShow on 23 Aug 2018
  • Was it intended as a Internal Meat temperature gauge?

Each probe has an internal AND external thermometer which will be great for identifying hot/cold spots on your smoker.
  • #8 by Ross77 on 23 Aug 2018
  • Take the external temp with a grain of salt. It always registers lower due to the close proximity to the cold piece of meat.
  • #9 by LowSlowFoShow on 28 Aug 2018
  • Just a heads up - my Meater Block Survey specifying delivery address went straight into my Gmail spam folder.  If you have not filled out your survey yet, check your spam folder.
  • #10 by LowSlowFoShow on 13 Sep 2018
  • AFTER 3 YEARS OF WAITING, I just got my shipping confirmation... Meater Block is scheduled to arrive on Saturday!   :cool: :clap:
  • #11 by Ross77 on 13 Sep 2018
  • Post some pics. I’m curious about how the receiver on the Block works.
  • #12 by hughver on 13 Sep 2018
  • Evidently this thing has been out for a while since Amazon has quite a few reviews. Seems that most complaints are due to lack of range. One review mentioned that the app allows two devices to connect at the same time and, as I understood it, he somehow extended the range with a second phone. Interesting.
  • #13 by Ross77 on 13 Sep 2018
  • The single probes have been out for awhile. I’ve been using one for a few months. The Block has 4 probes and a receiver and is being shipping to early backers.

You can use two smart devices, phone or iPad to extend the range to the cloud via WiFi. In my case I have an iPad near the smoker just inside the house that connects to the probe via Bluetooth. That iPad then connects to the cloud via WiFi. Any device signed into the app can receive the data. 

It works really well once it’s all setup.
  • #14 by hughver on 13 Sep 2018
  • Does the receiver that you mentioned sit close to the grill and retransmit the blue tooth information?
  • #15 by MP09 on 13 Sep 2018
  • Iv'e been wondering what happened. I'll be watching for the reviews before i bite...
Pages:
Actions