Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Ross77 on 13 Sep 2018
  • Does the receiver that you mentioned sit close to the grill and retransmit the blue tooth information?

Yes, the receiver included with Block sits near the grill and retransmits the signal.
  • #17 by hughver on 13 Sep 2018
  • Well it  seems that it's still better than dealing with wires.  :clap:
  • #18 by LowSlowFoShow on 19 Sep 2018
  • My Meater Block showed up on Saturday afternoon as my 18 hour brisket was just finishing up!  I've not had a chance to use it yet but I did configure the unit getting it on my wifi and syncing with my phone.  I will break it in this weekend, here is the final product:
  • #19 by hughver on 19 Sep 2018
  • Fancy packaging!   :clap:
  • #20 by Ross77 on 19 Sep 2018
  • Cool. Post a pic of what the display looks like when you get a chance.
  • #21 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2018
  • So each probe is wireless and transmits both internal & ambient temperatures?  The Min/Max is?  What does the Manufacture list as the range?
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Sep 2018
  • How bout a member review of the item?
  • #23 by Ross77 on 19 Sep 2018
  • So each probe is wireless and transmits both internal & ambient temperatures?  The Min/Max is?  What does the Manufacture list as the range?

The range is basically unlimited when using the Block. Probes connect to Block with Bluetooth and Block connects to WiFi to your smartphone or iPad. Just keep the Block near the smoker.

Ambient temp limit is 527. Internal Max is 212.
  • #24 by LowSlowFoShow on 19 Sep 2018

Correct.  Internal max is 212 F, ambient is sustained 527 F but can handle higher temps for short periods of time (such as flare-ups).
  • #25 by Timbo1010 on 19 Sep 2018
  • 3 years of waiting, I'm backer #1431 what's a little longer going to matter at this point
  • #26 by LowSlowFoShow on 25 Sep 2018
  • I do not have time right now to do an in-depth review but my first cook went well.  I did two full chickens, probes 1 and 2 went in the breasts of the larger bird and 3 and 4 were in the smaller bird.  Here is the app on my iPhone:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #27 by Ross77 on 25 Sep 2018
  • I’ve found that the estimated time works pretty good for smaller cuts of meat but not for pork shoulder and brisket etc.

Can we get a picture of the display on the Block receiver?
  • #28 by LowSlowFoShow on 02 Oct 2018
  • Can we get a picture of the display on the Block receiver?

The screen is very small but functional:
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

I only use it on WiFi mode so the screen only shows the connectivity of the probes:
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #29 by GatorDave on 02 Oct 2018
  • I do not have time right now to do an in-depth review but my first cook went well.  I did two full chickens, probes 1 and 2 went in the breasts of the larger bird and 3 and 4 were in the smaller bird.  Here is the app on my iPhone:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Let us know how they hold up over time.  A lot of the reviews of the single ones said that they went bad fairly quickly.  I'm very interested in this technology, but don't want to spend that kind of money on something that is gonna last for a very short time.
  • #30 by Ross77 on 02 Oct 2018
  • I’ve had my single probe for several months with no issues.
Pages:
Actions