Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by reubenray on 19 Dec 2019
  • This is what I just ordered.  Are you saying I need something else for this to work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQMPJOC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At 12’ you’ll probably be ok. They also have the Meater+ which would have better range.

I have always enjoyed sitting outside while smoking something.  I have a wired setup, but I needed something for when I use my rotisserie.  As my neighbors know if I am smoking something I will be sitting out there drinking a cold beer or two.  I forgot about the Meater until I saw the post today about it.  It should be here on Saturday for the prime rib roast smoking on Christmas day.
  • #47 by Ross77 on 19 Dec 2019
  • It’s perfect for rotisserie
  • #48 by Brushpopper on 03 Jan 2020
  • Santa brought me a Meater+ and I'm going to cook a brisket tomorrow into Sunday and try it out.  Now I can use the Maverick thermometer to monitor both sides of the grate temps.  Santa sure does know how to take a hint even if it was blatant.  Thanks for suggesting it everyone!  :cool:
  • #49 by reubenray on 03 Jan 2020
  • It’s perfect for rotisserie

My Meater worked perfect on my prime rib that was done on my rotisserie.
  • #50 by Brushpopper on 04 Jan 2020
  • Do any of y'all know how long the battery life of the probe is?  I've read 24 hours, so I plan on giving that a run for the money with the brisket I'm starting this evening.
  • #51 by Ross77 on 04 Jan 2020
  • Do any of y'all know how long the battery life of the probe is?  I've read 24 hours, so I plan on giving that a run for the money with the brisket I'm starting this evening.

I believe it's 24 hours on a full charge.  I've smoked briskets and pork shoulders for 10-15 hours with no issues.
Pages:
Actions