Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooking Pork Butt - A new Twist  (Read 3643 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Cooking Pork Butt - A new Twist
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »

My apologies for being critical.  I am not a professional on cooking, and do not enjoy doing lots of measuring and calculating when cooking.  My varied results are a testimony to this. However, since this method turned out so well I just wanted to pass it along. 
I do however, enjoy the varied :clap: responses and suggestions, so keep it up.   :clap:

sleebus.jones

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • I like meat
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »

My apologies for being critical.  I am not a professional on cooking, and do not enjoy doing lots of measuring and calculating when cooking.  My varied results are a testimony to this. However, since this method turned out so well I just wanted to pass it along. 
I do however, enjoy the varied :clap: responses and suggestions, so keep it up.   :clap:

No worries, friend.  Thank you for sharing your method.   8)
-=<Cookshack PG1000 | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | Cinderblock rev flow pit | Weber S-670>=-

slickyboyboo

• Lurker
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

CJ - would you please clarify on the dark brown sugar.  Where did you use it?  The brine, or added to the rub?  No "binder" for the rub?  Just making sure I understand how this cook went given your very positive evaluation of how the cook went.

Thxs,
The dark brown sugar was used in the brine. No binder.

Anything in a brine besides salt will not penetrate the meat. Sugars, and any other spices have molecules that are too large to move freely, even if dissolved. Salt will move freely throughout the meat, and draw moisture into the meat.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up