Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by reubenray on 27 Aug 2018
  • ruebenray, you need to be just as obnoxious back.  Come on man, it is college football season.  We went to an FSU - USC game at the Coliseum and FSU got whipped.  The USC fans (there are no more obnoxious fans in the world, believe me; they were raised as privileged brats and show it!) were trying to rub it in people's face on the way out.  I waited until we got to an exit tunnel -- where it would reverberate -- and lead a chant of "Who Let the Dogs Out!" -- in their house, after we lost.  Lots of FSU fans joined in and it was deafening.  So we lost, we played well and it doesn't mean we are down and out.

What do coaches say to their players as they leave the field?  Hold your head up, kid, hold your head up.

So when I say "Roll Tide Roll" I expect a "Geaux Tigers" back from you :cool: To me, it is all part of college football. ;D  If you don't believe me, just watch Trooper and my posts!!!

Here is what we say when they say the RT words.  We won't say the RT words.

Round the bowl and down the hole.
  • #17 by GatorDave on 28 Aug 2018
  • I'm looking forward to another UCF national championship. :pig: :P  Hopefully the Gators will finally start on the upswing again this year.  It's been depressing for the last several years.
  • #18 by Ralphie on 28 Aug 2018
  • Dogs open up with the Vandals...what a name! *  We then get University of Minnesota, I have no idea if we can play with any school in the Big 10, I guess I am gonna get to find out in about 18 days!

I was at the Fresno St vs Colorado game in 2001.  We (CU) didn't convert the 2-point try to tie the game in the 4th quarter.  Lost by 2.  That loss ended up keeping us out of the BCS national championship game.  Nebraska ended up playing in the national title game after we beat them 62-36 in final game of the regular season.  We went on to beat Texas in the Big 12 championship game.     
  • #19 by Ralphie on 28 Aug 2018
  • I'm looking forward to another UCF national championship. :pig: :P 

I'll be at the UCF vs North Carolina game in September!
  • #20 by Ralphie on 28 Aug 2018
  • I guess the premier game this weekend is my beloved Huskies vs Auburn. It's a fitting start for the Pac 12 conference.
    We go way over there for a 'neutral field' game. How does a game 108 miles from your home stadium count as a 'neutral' field in the heart of the SEC?

I feel your pain.  Two years ago my Tar Heels played the kickoff classic season opener against University of Georgia at a neutral site....The Georgia Dome. 
  • #21 by hughver on 29 Aug 2018
  • Yup, just changed my avatar.
  • #22 by ZCZ on 29 Aug 2018
  • Although they have 6 National Championships in their trophy case it has been a long time since the MN Gophers have fielded a competitive team.  Although 3 ex-Gopher QB's have made it as NFL coaches (Tony Dungey, Pete Carroll, Mark Tressman).

Bentley, I think Fresno State has a good shot at victory coming up on the 8th.  Looking forward to your visit here.

Z
  • #23 by Bobitis on 16 Sep 2018
  • And so it begins for my Huskies and the pac 12. Then the MSM has the audacity to blab about the disparities in the SEC and The PAC 12. Really folks? All the SEC games (or any east coast conference (and the Midwest)) get day game broadcasts. The PAC 12 may get a handful of eastern time games. Seriously... how many folks on the east coast are watching west coast football at 9:00-10:00 PM? There's a good case to be made that the bias is real and the PAC is seeing the brunt of it. OK.

My Huskies lost to Auburn the 1st game of the year by 5 points. It was a great game, and the Huskies had ample chances to win. Last week, Stanford was ranked 9th due to a win over USC who is looking rather pathetic with their only win against UNLV. They jumped to #7 by beating UC Davis (in the 'Treehouse') while the Huskies beat Utah on Utah's turf. The Huskies didn't budge in the ranks. Stanford has 3 home games (San Diego State, USC, and UC Davis). The Huskies are on the road against Auburn and Utah, and home for N Dakota. Really?

And what's with Notre Dame? They beat #19 Michigan, Ball State, and Vanderbilt.... and they're ranked #8? How does that werk?

Tune in next week for my latest rant... >:(

• #24 by Bentley on 16 Sep 2018
  • How times have changed!  I played there in 1978-79 and we did not even have scholarships!  Portland State would have been a big game for us at that time!

They jumped to #7 by beating UC Davis (in the 'Treehouse')...
  • #25 by reubenray on 17 Sep 2018
  • And so it begins for my Huskies and the pac 12. Then the MSM has the audacity to blab about the disparities in the SEC and The PAC 12. Really folks? All the SEC games (or any east coast conference (and the Midwest)) get day game broadcasts. The PAC 12 may get a handful of eastern time games. Seriously... how many folks on the east coast are watching west coast football at 9:00-10:00 PM? There's a good case to be made that the bias is real and the PAC is seeing the brunt of it. OK.

My Huskies lost to Auburn the 1st game of the year by 5 points. It was a great game, and the Huskies had ample chances to win. Last week, Stanford was ranked 9th due to a win over USC who is looking rather pathetic with their only win against UNLV. They jumped to #7 by beating UC Davis (in the 'Treehouse') while the Huskies beat Utah on Utah's turf. The Huskies didn't budge in the ranks. Stanford has 3 home games (San Diego State, USC, and UC Davis). The Huskies are on the road against Auburn and Utah, and home for N Dakota. Really?

And what's with Notre Dame? They beat #19 Michigan, Ball State, and Vanderbilt.... and they're ranked #8? How does that werk?

Tune in next week for my latest rant... >:(

LSU took care of Auburn for you. 

Now if we can only do that to Alabama!!!
  • #26 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Sep 2018
  • Ahhh, ruebenray, it is so nice when people dream :pig:
  • #27 by TechMOGogy on 17 Sep 2018
  • #28 by reubenray on 17 Sep 2018
  • Ahhh, ruebenray, it is so nice when people dream :pig:

It is not helping LSU that we have to play 6 SEC teams in a row.  Alabama will be number 5 of 6.
  • #29 by okie smokie on 17 Sep 2018
  • Sooners looking good so far.  Not sure Sooner defense will get it all together but looking better this year.  Interesting that Kyler Murray has the same stats as Baker Mayfied had after the first two games.  Just one total yard less.  Just as much fun to watch also. Army next week at Norman.  Problem is that at the end of the year, they will still have to play Alabama or Clemson or Georgia. On the other hand, Murray has the advantage of $4.5 million in advance from Oakland to play baseball.  I would have taken that and run, but then, he did not ask me.
     :2cents:
  • #30 by reubenray on 29 Sep 2018
  • Yup, just changed my avatar.

Come on Cajuns!!!!
Pages:
Actions