Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Oct 2018
  • Fresno State is ranked No. 20 in the AP poll!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I can't remember the last time they were ranked -- 6 or 7 years ago maybe?  Keep up the good work Dawgs!!!
  • #32 by yorkdude on 28 Oct 2018
  • As KSU wildcat fans, we humbly bow our head. You gotta whisper this around here but it's time for Bill to go.
  • #33 by okie smokie on 28 Oct 2018
  • As KSU wildcat fans, we humbly bow our head. You gotta whisper this around here but it's time for Bill to go.

I am a lifetime Sooner, but I too felt sorry for Bill.  I am grateful that he was a great mentor for Bob Stoops many years ago.  He still coaches well IMO but does not get the best of the recruits.  On the other hand, wasn't Kyler Murray fun to watch.  I think he is better than Baker Mayfield and in a more mature way.  If not the winner, he will be second place for the Heisman, unless Alabama has a big hiccup before season end. (not likely).  He is eligible for another year, but will most likely play baseball instead.  He already has a 4.7 million $ contract with the Oakland A's.  Have never seen such a talented athlete (and only 5ft 10in).   :2cents:
  • #34 by GatorDave on 28 Oct 2018
  • UCF is up to 9.  Unfortunately I don't think they will go undefeated this year.  I wish they would, because the trolling is fun.  On the downside though, my Gators lost to freaking Georgia. :puke:
  • #35 by yorkdude on 28 Oct 2018

I am a lifetime Sooner, but I too felt sorry for Bill.  I am grateful that he was a great mentor for Bob Stoops many years ago.  He still coaches well IMO but does not get the best of the recruits.  On the other hand, wasn't Kyler Murray fun to watch.  I think he is better than Baker Mayfield and in a more mature way.  If not the winner, he will be second place for the Heisman, unless Alabama has a big hiccup before season end. (not likely).  He is eligible for another year, but will most likely play baseball instead.  He already has a 4.7 million $ contract with the Oakland A's.  Have never seen such a talented athlete (and only 5ft 10in).   :2cents:
    Agree entirely, my old boss is very close friends with Sean Snyder, Bill wants him to follow up. I have been told that Sean is not interested? Just wish that people would realize when the time has come, hard to witness the other way.
  • #36 by ylr on 28 Oct 2018
  • In 9 days, UK will play Duke in basketball, and no one around here cares.  Strange times......
  • #37 by okie smokie on 29 Oct 2018
  • In 9 days, UK will play Duke in basketball, and no one around here cares.  Strange times......
  • #38 by ylr on 29 Oct 2018
  • #39 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2018
  • Please know I do not doubt you, but I never thought I would ever see this statement.  To me that would be like replacing BB with football and the school with Alabama!

In 9 days, UK will play Duke in basketball, and no one around here cares.

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I meant to say "No one around here in Kentucky cares, not in PH.
  • #40 by Kristin Meredith on 03 Nov 2018
  • Big day in college football today.  Many playoff hopes could be dashed.  Ruebenray, do you have any sense of how far in the polls LSU will fall after they lose tonight? :pig:
  • #41 by Bobitis on 04 Nov 2018
  • Big day in college football today.  Many playoff hopes could be dashed.  Ruebenray, do you have any sense of how far in the polls LSU will fall after they lose tonight? :pig:

I certainly didn't see that coming... 29-0?  ???

I don't see them dropping too far as a result because it is the SEC and all.

Let's look at the top 10 teams (because we can).  :pig:

1) Alabama has only played 5 teams with winning records.
    2) Clemson has played 5.
    3) LSU has played 8.
    4) Notre Dame has played 4.
    5) Michigan has played 7.
    6) Georgia has played 6.
    7) Oklahoma has played 5.
    8) WSU has played 6.
    9) Kentucky has played 6.
    10) Ohio State has played 2 (one of which they lost).

Can ya tell I'm whining here?

I'll throw my hat in the ring with LSU. My Huskies have played 8 teams with winning records and have lost 3 games by a Total of 10 points. 10 points on the entire season!

This is the stuff statistics are made for.  ::) Strength of schedule?  Pfffttt....

Carry on.

• #42 by KeithG on 04 Nov 2018
  • Roll Tide!
  • #43 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Nov 2018
  • Not sure of the relevance of a "winning record" at the time a game is played.  Cal had a "winning record" when they played the Huskies -- 4 wins and 3 losses -- and no one thought or thinks Cal is a big threat. In fact, I thought the Huskies would easily handle them and was very surprised.

Not a huge believer in strength of schedule because it is not well defined, but I do think you can look at the quality of the teams you are going up against and make a judgement.  I mean, no one really thought Hawaii was going to be a tough win for FSU, yet at game time Hawaii had a "winning record" of 6-3. 
  • #44 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Nov 2018
  • 1) Alabama has only played 5 teams with winning records.
    2) Clemson has played 5.
    3) LSU has played 8.
    4) Notre Dame has played 4.
    5) Michigan has played 7.
    6) Georgia has played 6.
    7) Oklahoma has played 5.
    8) WSU has played 6.
    9) Kentucky has played 6.
    10) Ohio State has played 2 (one of which they lost).

After Alabama, I think it will be tough to decide the next 3 teams to make the playoffs out of Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Oklahoma assuming all of them do not lose a game again.  Georgia will lose to Alabama so they are out and LSU has already lost to Alabama.
  • #45 by reubenray on 04 Nov 2018

Being we could not score a single point who knows.  That big fat Elephant was to big for us and it was very tough.  :)

GEAUX TIGERS
Pages:
Actions