Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Nov 2018
  • Bulldogs up next.  Hope they can hold Alabama to less than 50.
  • #47 by Bentley on 04 Nov 2018
  • I watch that game last night and thought to myself, man, maybe the FUS Bulldogs did better then I though against Bama in 2016!

Big day in college football today.  Many playoff hopes could be dashed.  Ruebenray, do you have any sense of how far in the polls LSU will fall after they lose tonight? :pig:

Being we could not score a single point who knows.  That big fat Elephant was to big for us and it was very tough.  :)

GEAUX TIGERS
  • #48 by reubenray on 04 Nov 2018
  • https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Toughest-schedules-in-college-football-2018-121096013/#121096013_1

No Alabama fan will admit that they had/have an easy schedule and was given another National Championship due to it.  Alabama is not even listed in the toughest  top 20 teams.  The National Champions should be given a hard schedule not an easy one.
  • #49 by Darwin on 04 Nov 2018
  • The teams pick their own schedule with the exception of in conference requirements.  Alabama is very good again this year, and yes they have an easy schedule.  LSU has issues on both lines and no real offense once again...  I'm sad, but kinda used to it. 
    Geaux Saints!   :clap:
  • #50 by reubenray on 04 Nov 2018
  • The teams pick their own schedule with the exception of in conference requirements.  Alabama is very good again this year, and yes they have an easy schedule.  LSU has issues on both lines and no real offense once again...  I'm sad, but kinda used to it. 

Hopefully the Saints will pull one out today. 
  • #51 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Nov 2018
  • Hey, I learned the hard way in law school that having a tough schedule gets you squat -- all employers cared about was the GPA.  So, here I was taking really tough tax and SEC reg classes and antitrust and getting an A in a few but more often a B.  But, I thought, employers will recognize that I was taking the tough rode.  What a laugh -- the folks taking Cakewalk Law 101 and getting high GPAs were getting the offers.  I learned the hard way we are a shallow society.

I use to say the same about FSU and Boise State.  Pat Hill was out there "taking on anyone" and losing to big time programs and getting the heck beat out of his team in the first 3 weeks, which translated to them being beat up for conference play and not finishing at the top.  Chris Petersen played a much easier schedule, threw in some cupcake teams to start, and began to win the conference championship year after year and go undefeated several years and eventually played in -- and won -- the Fiesta Bowl.

No one remembers how hard or easy your schedule, they just remember if you made it to the National Championship.  If playing an easy schedule gets me there, bring on the easy schedule.  Play smart.  So maybe Ed will start getting an easier schedule in years to come.
  • #52 by hughver on 04 Nov 2018
  • Being we could not score a single point who knows.  That big fat Elephant was to big for us and it was very tough.  :)
    GEAUX TIGERS

Oh for the days of Billy Cannon. He and I played in the same time frame but for different Louisiana schools.   ;D
  • #53 by Darwin on 04 Nov 2018

Hopefully the Saints will pull one out today.
    LSU has no offense and the Saints don't  play defense.  Luckily we know how to throw a party with all the fixings.   ;)
  • #54 by reubenray on 04 Nov 2018
  • At least the Saints win takes a little of the sting out of the LSU lose.
  • #55 by Bentley on 04 Nov 2018
  • Yeah, my Rams got a wake up call today!
  • #56 by ZCZ on 05 Nov 2018
  • Yeah, my Rams got a wake up call today!

But your Chargers looked good on the road at Seattle.  Still hard to call them the "LA" Chargers.  Either way the road to the Super Bowl for the AFC still goes thru Foxboro.  Hard to believe Brady has FIVE Super Bowl rings.

I don't see anyone that can stop Bama from getting another title this year.

• #57 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2018
  • I aint no San Diego fan!
  • #58 by MysticRhythms on 18 Nov 2018
  • GO!

COUGS!
  • #59 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Nov 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

Well, I am sure you can all just imagine my relief this morning when Dozer came out wearing a Bama kerchief.  I mean, it would have been so awkward if he was an Auburn fan!  Glad to see the Huskies prevail.  Did your team win on this rivalry weekend?

Roll Tide!  :cool:
  • #60 by Bobitis on 24 Nov 2018
  • WOOF

Pac 12 North champions. Will handle the Utes, and lose in the Rose Bowl.  :(

But the payout is good...
Pages:
Actions