Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Sep 2018
  • Ralphie, I made 3 racks like that this past Friday.  I had loaded up the rub really heavy on one rack with Cabella's Hot and Spicy rub.  I ended up with a nice crust on them that my cousins really liked.  Glad you enjoyed the new technique.  As I have probably mentioned before, I love the simplicity of the cook and the flavor and tenderness of the results.
  • #32 by grilltreats on 04 Sep 2018
  • I cooked another rack Labor day to confirm my first results with naked ribs cooked at 275°.  This rack really turned out well.  I did smoke them at 250° for the first hour before turning the grill up.  I used a 100% apple and cherry wood mix, and dusted them with Rec Tec's Carolina Clay rub.  I sauced them with Stubs BBQ mixed with honey on the last half-hour.  They really were tasty and tender.
  • #33 by okie smokie on 07 Sep 2018
  • Did a rack of St. Louis ribs today with the 260* naked 2 hrs; 260* foiled 1 hr; and 40 minutes painted and naked at 260*.  Not the best picture, but the ribs were awsome.  Dark color is due to the Blueberry based sauce I finished them off with. 
    :pig:
  • #34 by cookingjnj on 08 Sep 2018
  • Nice os.  How was the blueberry based sauce?  Any recipe for the sauce?  Very interesting. 
  • #35 by okie smokie on 09 Sep 2018
  • Nice os.  How was the blueberry based sauce?  Any recipe for the sauce?  Very interesting.

Long story behind the sauce.  One of three fruit based sauces my son's group developed some years ago.  They once submitted them to a big competition in Cal. but could not attend.  They were called back an notified that they had won first, second, and third in the sauce comp.  They decided to produce the sauces commercially and introduced them in Tulsa some years ago at various grocers (including Whole Foods, locally).  Bottom line: they have retired from the business, and the sauces are no longer available. Let me say that they are my favorite sauces, but I'm sure there are some that would prefer the more standard blends.  I will try to get the recipes from 3 Guys Smokin. And if permitted will pass on the recipes to our group.
    1:  Blues Berry.  Has real blueberries and a bit of bite.
    2:  Razz .  Has raspberry preserves of some sort
    3:  Spicy Razz.  Same but with nice bite. 
     :cool:
Pages:
Actions