Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by The Big E on 24 Aug 2018
  • After a 3 year brake I am trying the pellet grill again.  Just got a pg 500 from my local dealer.  The backyard bbq store in wilmette Ill terrific people.   Did first cook cut up chickn for a group of 10.30 min at 225 and then 50 min at 400  was enjoyed by all. So I would call it a success.  What I like about this grill especially with chicken is the off set flame.  Less chance of a flash fire from the chicken fat on higher temps.  Smoke flavor was very nice and clean
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Aug 2018
  • Congrats on your new pit!  We look forward to more posts about your cooks.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Aug 2018
  • I used to like going to that store when I lived in Gurnee.  They always had interesting BBQ gadgets, and a decent selection of rubs and sauces.
  • #4 by The Big E on 26 Aug 2018
  • Second cook --- Short Ribs for 6 -- Smokin Gun Hot rub for a few hours --- Placed on the PG 500 245 for 4.5 hours -- added a little dave's bbq and let it glaze on -- Was a huge hit --- Everyone liked it better than the ones I have done on the Big Green Egg in the past    they thought the smoke flavor was more pure and not to strong  They thought perfect -- My wife like it way more than the Big Green Egg so that a plus   
  • #5 by Canadian John on 27 Aug 2018
  • Way to go. The 3 year wait payed off!
  • #6 by pmillen on 27 Aug 2018
  • Excellent!

So the chicken...did the 50 minutes at 400° crisp-up the skin?
  • #7 by The Big E on 12 Sep 2018
  • Three chicken cooks one brisket a couple of steaks all great
  • #8 by Vincent on 13 Sep 2018
  • Just received my PG500 last week. So far I've done ribs and chicken. Both awesome. Love this thing!
  • #9 by triplebq on 13 Sep 2018
  • Congrats that is one killer unit!
Pages:
Actions