Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > FEC/Cookshack

Cover recommendations for FEC PG500

(1/5) > >>

MadFoodScientist:
I have a FEC PG500 on the way with an optional front shelf.  I was wondering if anyone has found any covers they could recommend for the PG500 with a shelf.  I passed on the Cookshack cover due to the price.  Thanks!

pmillen:
Cheap covers (Amazon) don't last a year on my PG500.  Pulling them off and on rips them, especially in cold weather.  Do an Internet search for Covers By Mel.  They last so long that your grandchildren will be using it.

You can get a dimensioned drawing for her from the Cookshack web site.  She'll need it to make a proper fit.

InThePitBBQ:
I'm debating the cover for my PG 500 as well, you have to decide if the front shelf is an option you want or not as it determines the cover dimensions and I haven't bought it yet.

I keep having to clean my PG front cabinet with a touch of foaming oven cleaner now and then to get off the condensation trails from low and slow cooks, having the front shelf will make that job a little harder but it sure would be nice to have it's not very expensive to add it.

I see covers by Mel is over in Wakarusa, that's just a little over a half hour away from me I'll look into that option further thanks for the tip!

MadFoodScientist:
Thanks for the recommendation on Mel Covers. In the long run I will likely go that direction. Unfortunately/fortunately my order shipped much faster than I anticipated. It has already shipped! Says it will be here in two business days. I think I will have to get something off Amazon to get it here in time. Anyone know of any on Amazon? I have not found any. Needs to be 33 inches wide to fit the shelf.

pmillen:
https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Water-Proof-71x22x43-Heavy-Duty-Protector/dp/B01JQ4PO6U/ref=sr_1_9?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1504833384&sr=1-9&keywords=grill+cover

I think this is the one I bought.  It will last long enough for you to obtain Mel's.

BTW, my PG500 sits for weeks uncovered with the hopper full, rain, snow or shine.  No problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View