Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover recommendations for FEC PG500  (Read 2620 times)

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
Re: Cover recommendations for FEC PG500
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:02 AM »

InThePit- Unfortunately, I did not try the cover on the grill prior to installing the shelf.  I tried eyeballing it, and I think it may touch the ground if used without a shelf.  Might be worth giving it a try.  Looks like the medium cover would fit length by width wise but might be a little short. 
   Having taken the cover on and half a few times now, it is easy to take off and seems like a really good cover for the price. 
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

Looks like the medium cover would fit length by width wise but might be a little short

I order all of my covers short.  I want them about 10" from the ground.  If they come close to the ground they allow mice to access the food and shelter the pit provides.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »

Wow, that is good info to know!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »

They got inside and built a nest.  It took me a while to figure out that it was through the grease drip, which is a bit smaller than a nickel.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

spanman

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

I have a FEC PG500 on the way with an optional front shelf.  I was wondering if anyone has found any covers they could recommend for the PG500 with a shelf.  I passed on the Cookshack cover due to the price.  Thanks!

I bought this one for my PG500 with front shelf installed.  Sturdy, and fits like a glove.

http://www.cookshack.com/store/Grills/PV028WS-Cover-PG500-with-Optional-Shelf-Attachment

DMAXNAZ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »

I take a bath towel folded in half lengthwise and set it on the front shelf before I put my cover on. It hangs over both ends of the shelf and stays in place well enough to put the cover on. Then I bungee cord the cover underneath with two short cords. They fit real loose and are just there to keep the cover from blowing around too much. My cheap cover has lasted 5 years. I have been lazy for the last year or so with putting it on. Keeping the front shelf from cutting the cover is most important. I attached a pic of the cover I purchased. I can't remember if I ordered a large or xl.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:16:08 AM by DMAXNAZ »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up