Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bobitis on 28 Aug 2018
  • Well, OK. This is a 9x13 pan. For this I boiled 4 chicken leg quarters. 6 jalepanos. Boil with the chicken. Save the broth. One LARGE can cream of chicken soup. Put peppers in blender and pulse 2-3 times, leaving them a little coarse. Shred chicken, but leave a little chunky. Put chicken back in pot and add soup. Add peppers to desired hotness. I used all 6 in this batch. Add about 1 1/4 cup of broth back to pot. Don't make the soup thin. Want it fairly thick. Add garlic powder to taste. Begin layering in pan with chicken 1st. Not too much to start. Add layer of diced onion, layer of shredded cheese. I use Mexican blend. Layer of YELLOW corn tortilla. Better flavor. Continue to layer just like above with final layer being with extra cheese. Should get about 3 layers. Put in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. If you make your soup mixture too thin it won't set right. The cheese in each layer will help it set. Let cool a bit and serve. For the rice. Basic is one cup of rice. 2 tbls of oil. Cook rice in oil until it turns bright white. Add 1/4 chopped onion and saute with rice. 1/2 cup of tomato sauce with 1 1/2 cup of water. Add some of the peppers to this too if desired. Add 1 tsp of garlic. 1 tbsp of cumin. Mexican rice is not Mexican rice without it. 1tsp salt. Add all that to the water. After rice is cooked (don't scorch) add the liquid. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook about 20 minutes stirring one time about half way through. Rice should be fluffy. There ya go! Hope it works for you!

• #2 by pmillen on 29 Aug 2018
  • I'll be right over with cerveza.
Pages:
Actions