Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Vincent on 31 Aug 2018
  • I'm a smoking newbie who decided to skip the starter smoker and go high end from the get go!
    After gleaning an education from this board (thanks to all) I decided on the PG500 because I liked
    the flexible cooking design. The multiple heat zones and the direct cooking zone designed into the pit sold me.
    Initially tried to order a reconditioned unit direct from Karen at Cook shack but after seeing pics of the unit decided against it. She was great though.
    Ended up buying from the guys at BBQ island. I'm excited to get cooking and I'm sure I will have lots of questions!  :cool:
  • #2 by triplebq on 31 Aug 2018
  • Congrats on the new unit. You will love it!  :clap:
  • #3 by RSNovi on 31 Aug 2018
  • Very flexible machine that without a doubt you will enjoy.
  • #4 by pmillen on 01 Sep 2018
  • Welcome to pellet fan, Vincent.  You picked a fine pit.  Show us photographs of the stuff you're cookin'.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 01 Sep 2018

•  Congratulations on your first post AND, the new pit.  :D
  • #6 by Vincent on 01 Sep 2018
  • Thanks for the encouragement folks. I am studying up on the PG500 as I await it's arrival, hopefully next week. Any advice on break in, prep and maintenance of the unit is appreciated. I got a Cook Shack cover and 100 pounds of pellets thrown in with the deal so I'll be ready. :bbq:
  • #7 by Vincent on 10 Sep 2018
  • OK..Got my new cooker last week. Kind of a bear getting it off the pallet at 350 pounds but no harm was done to the cooker or me.

Over the weekend I had my first cook. I elected to try the Fast Eddy rib recipe on a couple of racks. A picture is attached.

I thought they turned out pretty good for my first attempt. It's a great recipe and the ribs disappeared quickly. [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #8 by DE on 10 Sep 2018
  • I’m a little behind Vincent, but congratulations on your new acquisition and your Ribs! As others have said, you made a great choice and will not be disappointed.
Pages:
Actions