Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy a CC?  (Read 2609 times)

southern_leo

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Should I buy a CC?
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:40:40 PM »

So should I buy a camp chef? I was about to buy a CC SG and buy the sear box separate. I don't care about the searing ability of the grill because I'm buying the sear box, I like the larger grill for the capacity. The reason I'm going this route is because I can get a good deal on the SG that I can't get on the new WW. Then I joined this forum and saw complaints of the temp swings and flame outs. Online most all of the reviews on all sources are outstanding for the PG24 model, but then it's pretty negative here. So is it worth the money? I'm pushing it with the wife nearing the $1000 Mark for a grill. The sear box is a pretty big deal for us because we grill steaks alot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pdf256

• Using less gas.
  • San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA
Re: Should I buy a CC?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 12:23:13 AM »

I have a Woodwind that I have been very happy with.  I have been using it for almost a year now and have never seen the temp swings that some on here have seen.

I use it most of the time on high-smoke ( about 225 ) but ran it tonight at 350.

Good luck,
Paul Francis Camp Chef Woodwind with sear box Traeger Jr Elite Unni Pizza Oven (got it!)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:33:41 AM »

I sure never had the issues some refer to.  I guess we will se when I breakout that SG next week for the PT!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

amahoro

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »

I have the Smoke Pro SG and don't have the problems with temp swings that I have seen one this board. 

southern_leo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 02:38:54 AM »

I have the Smoke Pro SG and don't have the problems with temp swings that I have seen one this board.
How much have you used it? Have you ran low and slow also?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

amahoro

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »

I have had it for a couple of months it's my first pellet grill.  I have used it for ribs, pork shoulder and smoked salmon all low and slow.  Being from Arizona keeping the temps low for the salmon was a little challenge, but it came out fine.  My temp swings are usually  +-10 degrees.  Coming from a charcoal smoker it's much simpler and more precise to run.

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »

I'd say the majority don't have a problem with large temp swings on the CC. Folks like me, who did have problems with wild swings and flame outs, are the exception.

BC Buck

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:58:41 AM »

I love the sear box. I am one of the owners that have been posting problems. My unit had a faulty RTD and CC also sent me a new controller. Been working well but will need to run during Winter months to be sure. Also have leaking grease bucket but new one is in the mail.

ScottE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:50 PM »

Maybe this picture helps. I'm extremely happy with my XT!
RecTeq RT-1250. Formerly: CampChef SmokePro XT (w/ Savannah Stoker), Louisiana Grills CS450, Traeger 070.

Glassth

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:25 AM »

Love my CC  never had any problems! Seldom use my sear box!
Like putting smiles on the faces of the people eating the food off my pellet grill  Camp Chef smoke pro & Sear Burner Blackstone griddle
Pages: [1]   Go Up