Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GatorDave on 05 Sep 2018
  • I don't have a Blaz'n, but my pit uses the same controller, so I figured this would be a good place to ask.  When I change the temp on my controller, either up or down, the pit temp guage says it has reached that temp within seconds.  I know that the pit can't change temps that quickly, so I'm wondering if that also happens with the Blaz'n controllers.  It does eventually seem to get to where it needs to be, but it is a bit scary that it reads something different than actual.  Does this happen with your pits?
  • #2 by Canadian John on 05 Sep 2018

•  No Blaz'n here. The controllers are Roanoke if I am correct. Several pits use them and they may be programmed differently, however some features are similar.. My Memphis Pro using this controller does the

same thing (going up)..I have monitored grate temps vs the controller using my Thermoworks Dot and was pleased to see both readouts within a degree of each other... Down is an other story. The heat

soaked pit has to loose heat. Depending on the difference between the pit temp and set temp, the time could be almost instant to several minutes... With the pit @ 650º then set to 250º it could be a good 30

min. or more depending on the ambient. This is w/o opening the hood..  The Pro holds heat well w/ double wall construction thick cooking grates and closed in bottom.

The controllers I am referring to are non wifi..ITC in the case of Memphis.
  • #3 by GatorDave on 05 Sep 2018
  • My concern was that the temp it was telling me was not the temp of the pit.  It's like it was programmed to say it reached the set temp as soon as you changed it, whether up or down.  If I have the pit at 275, and then change the temp to 350, the controller tells me it's at 350 in about 5 seconds.  It does seem to eventually get to the set temp, but my worry is that maybe there is something wrong with the controller and eventually that won't be the case.  Right now, I'm under the assumption that it is programmed this way, and that I should just ignore what it is telling me right after changing the temp.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Sep 2018

•  I trust you are correct..Why not contact the manufacturer and voice your concerns..Most company service personnel are helpful. I have found it more helpful talking w/ the person. It gives you a chance to ask

more questions and better understand the issue.
Pages:
Actions