Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by bten on 13 Sep 2018
  • It has some rust along the bottom seam.  I want to take it off the base to make sure I clean it all up.  It will be a while, we have been getting rain every day since I picked it up.
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Sep 2018
  • Their built like tanks - it will clean up nicely and that rust is nothing more that a bit of surface rust.
    Mine was much worse and I was able to restore it to near new.
    Kinda wish I didn't sell it but had too many smokers :)

Were you the guy that tore the grill apart, cleaned every piece, custom painted it, and made it look better than new?
  • #18 by pmillen on 13 Sep 2018
  • #19 by bten on 13 Sep 2018
  • Their built like tanks - it will clean up nicely and that rust is nothing more that a bit of surface rust.

I saw your work and was very impressed. I think you made it better than new.  I agree that I don't have near the work you had.  My cart is in good shape, the Yoder plates need to be lightly sanded and painted. I purchased a gasket kit and new face plate decal.

Did you change your faceplate decal? How hard was it to do?

Thanks
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Sep 2018
  • See.

WoW!  cant believe he sold that after all that effort
  • #21 by TechMOGogy on 14 Sep 2018

I saw your work and was very impressed. I think you made it better than new.  I agree that I don't have near the work you had.  My cart is in good shape, the Yoder plates need to be lightly sanded and painted. I purchased a gasket kit and new face plate decal.

Did you change your faceplate decal? How hard was it to do?

Thanks

I did not change it, just polished it, but I did remove it.
    All you need to do is drill out the rivets - very simple as they are aluminum so really soft.  Use a bit just a little bigger than the diameter of the rivet shaft and go slowly with light pressure.
    Then you just need to re-rivet it, again simple as long as you have/get the tool.
    Have fun!

See.

Too many grills, smokers and bbqs - Made a nice profit and used it to buy my PK360 :)
    I do miss the competition cart and how easy it was to move around on my stone walkway/patio!
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Sep 2018
  • Glad you are happy with how it ended up.
  • #23 by bten on 14 Sep 2018
  • I am sorry, I was talking about the decal on the controller panel.  Yoder sells a replacement for $5.95 and I purchased it.  The spot for the switch is not cut out.  I was wondering if you changed that out.
  • #24 by TechMOGogy on 14 Sep 2018
  • I am sorry, I was talking about the decal on the controller panel.  Yoder sells a replacement for $5.95 and I purchased it.  The spot for the switch is not cut out.  I was wondering if you changed that out.
    Sorry, nope - cleaned and it came up like new but should be a simple replacement.
    Just use a sharp knife to do the cutout (use the old one as your template)
  • #25 by yorkdude on 14 Sep 2018
  • See.

I thought the same thing, you did a FANTASTIC job on that, man it was pretty!
  • #26 by Bentley on 14 Sep 2018
  • I always wonder when someone sells a unit like this at such a price, I just have to believe that pellet smoke was not for them!
  • #27 by bten on 14 Sep 2018
  • I always wonder when someone sells a unit like this at such a price, I just have to believe that pellet smoke was not for them!

I bought a Camp Chef SE to start.  I wanted to make sure I liked cooking with pellets before I would buy an expensive pellet grill.
  • #28 by bten on 26 Sep 2018
  • Got it finished up.  Attached are the pics
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #29 by Bentley on 26 Sep 2018
  • Nice score!
  • #30 by Conumdrum on 26 Sep 2018
  • Nice!  That was a great deal and your refurb made it even a better deal!
Pages:
Actions