Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hoo on 07 Sep 2018
  • Just got a Memphis Advantage and I’m still using the original bag of pellets.  Wondering what pellets people use.  Pit Boss Competition Pellet’s are dirt cheap $14.96 for 40 lb bag at nearby Lowe’s.  Online reviews I see are pretty good, but don’t see any comments regarding using them with Memphis grills.  Thoughts?  Other recommendations? The Memphis pellets are pretty pricey.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Sep 2018
  • Go to the pellets section of the forum.  Some folks don't care for them others do.  Also, read this thread too.

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=3145.msg38048#new

I have never used them so I can't provide a specific opinion related to them.
  • #3 by triplebq on 07 Sep 2018
  • I'm currently using Pit Boss and they work AOK for me. Given that pellet choice is a personal choice I would suggest buying a bag of a few different brands and try them. Over the years I have used just about everything and I really haven't had a bad experience with any of them. I have used Lumberjack the most mainly because I have gone in on a few group buys.

• #4 by sleebus.jones on 08 Sep 2018
  • I like 'em.  Some people don't like 'em.  Try 'em, you might like 'em.  This is how cooking works.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 08 Sep 2018
  • I had good luck at one time but now I think they suck
Pages:
Actions