Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicken Prices in Your Area  (Read 318 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Chicken Prices in Your Area
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:34:43 PM »

buy one get two free Perdue legs, thighs, or bone in breasts this week at Weis

the best deal for me has been $1.33/# for already cooked rotisserie chicken breasts at Sam's Club which I think they use the day before whole chickens that they don't sell and cut them into pieces. 
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Chicken Prices in Your Area
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »

For the 2nd time in the last 2-3 weeks, Sam's club had no Tyson raw frozen chicken wings.  They used to be about $2.50/#.  Additionally, their chicken breasts were $2.99/# this week.  They did not have the regular ones that they used to sell for $1.89-$1.99#.  Last week or the week before, they didn't even have the $2.99/# ones.  What are you seeing in your area?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:18:11 AM »

Can't talk cost as my wife does most of the shopping.  The smaller 3 LB fresh birds that we used to buy weekly to cook, the same size our butcher offered rotisseried, are, for some reason not available any

more. It has been like that for over a month.  He has only larger frozen birds. Seems the supply of fresh chickens has dried up here in S W Ontario..Our butcher has been going flat out w/ almost everyone

eating @ home.

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:47:04 AM »

Our local stores here have occasionally, over the last several months, been selling skinless/boneless chicken breast for $1.47/lb. I have around 25 lbs.+ in the freezer. I shouldn't admit this, but I use 50% grounded sous vide chicken breast, 25% cooked rice and 25% chopped frozen mixed vegetables for dog food. Much cheaper and healthier than good dry or caned.  ::)
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 03:17:10 PM »

Time for some Apple-Cinnamon Breakfast sausage!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up