Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 17 Sep 2018
  • Going thru Rec Tec's Accessories list.  Found that the new heavy duty firepot with ceramic starter will fit "most Traeger" models. Just thought the folks on this list might want to know that.  Price $79.  Life time is over 100,000 starts, and the firepot is 10 gauge SS.
    Well worth never  having to replace a starter again.  :cool:
  • #2 by Canadian John on 18 Sep 2018

•  Most interesting!  Traeger has two fire pots; 7 and 9 hole depending on the model/BTU. Do you know how many holes the Rec Tec has?
  • #3 by dk117 on 18 Sep 2018
  • Rec Tec website has pictures and it looks like fewer holes.   That might work well for a JR, but not necessarily a Texas.    Someone pull the trigger and let us know.    You can get a Trager ss 9 hole firepot for $45 and a new hot rod for $18 on Amazon.

I think the real seller here from OS is the lifetime ceramic starter.   That is something to seriously consider.

DK
  • #4 by pz on 18 Sep 2018
  • This is really interesting - the Traeger hot rod is the only remaining weak component in my Traeger.
  • #5 by okie smokie on 18 Sep 2018

•  Most interesting!  Traeger has two fire pots; 7 and 9 hole depending on the model/BTU. Do you know how many holes the Rec Tec has?
    Nope.
  • #6 by KrautBurner on 12 Dec 2018
  • I found this fire pot when I started reading about the wireless controller for the Rec-Tel offers

I’m pretty sure you’ll end up being one of my upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions