Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hoosier Daddy on 22 Sep 2018
  • As already posted on this board elsewhere my local Krogers had their briskets on sale for $1.99/lb.  As luck would have it every time I went in they were sold out so I got a "rainy day" coupon.  I've been trying for past week and today got lucky.....I got a 15lber. 

Pics of whole brisket, then trimmed up, then rubbed up with Texas BBQ Rub's brisket rub then on the Rec Tec with my Smoke thermometer attached.  I'm doing this brisket my favorite way.....not doing a darn thing to it except let it ride untill probe tinder which is usually somethere around 198-205dg for me.   Smoking away at 235dg currently & expect it to day about 24hrs. 

Having a bunch of folks over tomorrow for my boy's 24th birthday.   I take and additional pic of the finished product. 

Dan

• #2 by Flboy76 on 22 Sep 2018
  • Good price, I paid $3.22 lb at restaurant deposit for choice
  • #3 by Hoosier Daddy on 23 Sep 2018
  • Came out pretty good.  I was pleased.

• #4 by triplebq on 23 Sep 2018
  •  :lick:
  • #5 by cookingjnj on 24 Sep 2018
  • Fine looking brisket HD.
  • #6 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2018
  • On a good day here in Mayberry you could buy a Brisket that size for $45 and it would be USDA Select, not Choice!

Nice cook!
  • #7 by Chashub on 25 Sep 2018
  • I bought a 13.5 pounder at my Kroger(greenwood, IN). It will be my first. Going on the Blazn Friday night after my sons HS football game. Only $27 and change if I screw it up! HAHA! My son and a few of his football buddies will surely scarf it down, regardless of the outcome!
    Charlie
  • #8 by Bentley on 26 Sep 2018
  • If I remember back 42 years, I can say with 100% certainty, this is a correct statement!

Only $27 and change if I screw it up! HAHA! My son and a few of his football buddies will surely scarf it down, regardless of the outcome!
    Charlie
  • #9 by Chashub on 26 Sep 2018
  • Amen Bent! We have 5 or 6 of my sons buddies over every weekend, 1, because we have a basement, and 2, we know where they are! They’re good kids, but it’s nice to know where they are!
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Sep 2018
  • Amen Bent! We have 5 or 6 of my sons buddies over every weekend, 1, because we have a basement, and 2, we know where they are! They’re good kids, but it’s nice to know where they are!

And you folks are good parents!  Nice to see.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 27 Sep 2018

And you folks are good parents!  Nice to see.
    Totally agree, we all need more parents like you.
  • #12 by Hoosier Daddy on 28 Sep 2018
  • I bought a 13.5 pounder at my Kroger(greenwood, IN). It will be my first. Going on the Blazn Friday night after my sons HS football game. Only $27 and change if I screw it up! HAHA! My son and a few of his football buddies will surely scarf it down, regardless of the outcome!
    Charlie

Good luck with your brisket cook.  If'n you don't mind post the progress of the cook or at least let us know how it turns out?  I'm always trying to learn. 

Sure wish I had some more of those rainy day coupons for that price.....

Dan
  • #13 by Chashub on 30 Sep 2018
  • I don't have any pics, but I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome of my first brisket. I'm not sure of the terminology, but one side was lean and the other side was exceptionally moist. The boys devoured it in record time, so no leftovers, dang! One thing was I was surprised by was how much fat I trimmed off of it. It took about 10 hours @225, wrapped, in double foil at 168, I was gone when it hit 160, and pulled at 201, rested for 1 hour on the counter, still in foil, sliced very easily, then annihilated it!
    Charlie
  • #14 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2018
  • I see he is still doing what I taught him!
  • #15 by Bentley on 01 Oct 2018
  • Aaron of course...
Pages:
Actions