Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 23 Sep 2018

•  While at my local farmers market, I saw smoked garlic bulbs for sale. They were slightly brown in colour - lightly smoked..There were samples; a thin slice of a clove on a cracker..Both my wife and I tried one.

Not being , eat garlic any way people, we were sceptical. The strong taste of garlic was absent. The smoked  garlic sliver blended in well with the small cracker.

When I got home I  fired up the Memphis to its lowest setting of 180º and placed two bulbs on the top rack to try. After 1HR 10 Min, I had a look. The bulbs appearance and smell hadn't changed. As I was

about to do a chicken that is smoked @ 225º for 1HR prior to cooking @ 400º, I left the garlic in place. After the hour I pulled the garlic. It was lightly smoked and had a mild smoke smell. Removed the

cloves and sliced - small cloves in half, large in thirds.  They were marginally soft.. Onto small Costco All Grain crackers they went.. They were mighty good. We ate several. Not bad for non garlic lovers.-

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Sep 2018
  • You can also slice off the top of the garlic and pour smoke olive oil in it and then cook and/or bake.  Usually come out like butter and I spread a whole soft clove on crackers or small baguette slices.
  • #3 by LowSlowFoShow on 10 Oct 2018
  • So if you started from scratch, would you do 2 hours @ 225?
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Oct 2018
  • When I bake mine, I do one hour at 325, so I would think 2 at 225 would be sufficient.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 10 Oct 2018
  • So if you started from scratch, would you do 2 hours @ 225?
    That is correct,2HRS @ 225º..You can always increase or reduce the time and temperature to your liking. .I f there is a Vampire problem, reduce cook time and temp.  :D
Pages:
Actions