Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: PelletFan Tailgate -Fresno State Bulldogs v UofM Golden Gophers Football 9/8/18  (Read 4635 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I tried to stay up to watch this game, but didn't make it to kickoff.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

MN-Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

Fresno State 38-UCLA 14.  Now the teams I saw last night is the team I had hoped to see in Minneapolis!

Marcus McMaryion 22/33 for 270   with 1 passing TD and 4 rushing TD's.
Jordan Mims 21 for 85.

Defense 2 fumbles recovered and 2 INT!

I think Minnesota might be better than UCLA this year.  Minn defense is currently in top 10 (but they played two weaker opponents in their other two games).

One thing for sure, our team was not under-estimating Fresno coming in, and it was important they weren't otherwise they would have looked like UCLA did.

Firecraft Q-450 Broilmaster Superb Gasser

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I do think a lot of teams underestimate what they perceive as a "lesser" opponent -- and they often pay the price.  I definitely believe that the Golden Gophers brought their A game against FSU.  But one thing that may have helped against UCLA is that UCLA fans don't necessarily think FSU is a worthy opponent and may not have shown up.  It is also only a 4 hour drive from Fresno, so (at least in the past) a lot of FSU fans will travel.  I know it is not a substitute for good play, but having fans there to support you helps some college athletes -- and those U of Minn fans were impressive in their support of their team!!!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

when does Alabama get to play in Fresno to return the favor for last years game in AL
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

when does Alabama get to play in Fresno to return the favor for last years game in AL

When pigs fly :pig:

MN-Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

I see Minnesota agreed to the home-and-home with Fresno.

Hopefully you have a lot of people graduating.  It will be another tough non-conference game.

Firecraft Q-450 Broilmaster Superb Gasser
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up