Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Sep 2018
  • https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101-best-pizzas-america-2018-gallery

Might be something here for everyone.  I saved it to my favorites to look at when I travel.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 28 Sep 2018

• All nice looking pies! TKX.
  • #3 by ICIdaho on 28 Sep 2018
  • huh, looks like the writer must live in New York.
  • #4 by pmillen on 28 Sep 2018
  • I always call BS on this kind of article title.  The author couldn't possibly taste pizza from every shop in the USA.  Even if all were sampled it's not likely that the first ones tasted can be recalled well enough to compare with the most recent.

There's no point in titling these articles as The Best...  Title this one, Here's a List of 101 Good Pizza Shops.
  • #5 by Ralphie on 28 Sep 2018
  • Nice list!  From that list I've only had Lou Malnati's frozen dry ice mail order.  Pizza for lunch today it is.   

• #6 by bregent on 28 Sep 2018
  • Nice list!  From that list I've only had Lou Malnati's frozen dry ice mail order.  Pizza for lunch today it is.   

I'm a NY guy myself, but I made a Chicago style last week based on a Malnati clone formula I found on PMDC. Rim was a little too wide, but otherwise very enjoyable.
  • #7 by ylr on 28 Sep 2018
  • I always call BS on this kind of article title.  The author couldn't possibly taste pizza from every shop in the USA.  Even if all were sampled it's not likely that the first ones tasted can be recalled well enough to compare with the most recent.

There's no point in titling these articles as The Best...  Title this one, Here's a List of 101 Good Pizza Shops.

I agree completely! I've seen pies on here that looks every bit as good as those on the list! :lick:
  • #8 by Bentley on 28 Sep 2018
  • All I know is I do not trust a pizza joint that would put roasted potato on any pie!

I would like a shot at #58 and #24!
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Sep 2018
  • I am used to eating pizza like #83.  I have actually had a few slices of Lorenzo's at Flyers hockey games.  And yes, it does cover two paper plates.  It is a monster slice.  The whole pie has 8 slices.  I never saw a pie bigger.
  • #10 by heffneil on 28 Sep 2018
  • Johns pizza in Tim Square is pretty good.  Best pizza I have ever had is Home Slice in Austin TX.  I would go to jail for that pizza.
  • #11 by Bentley on 29 Sep 2018
  • 83 looks like what I would consider the classic NY slice, so what do I know.  The kind of slice you fold to eat.  Just cheese, not for me!
  • #12 by bregent on 29 Sep 2018
  • 83 looks like what I would consider the classic NY slice, so what do I know.  The kind of slice you fold to eat.  Just cheese, not for me!

Not really. NY styles pies have tomato sauce - those look they have none. Similar crust though.
  • #13 by Bentley on 29 Sep 2018
  • I did not notice that, you might be right, or maybe it is just that much cheese.  Who makes a pizza without sauce?  Guess it could be olive oil drizal which I like!
  • #14 by wilpark on 10 Nov 2018
  • I've been to a bunch of the tops 25 pizza joints mentioned and cannot believe that Frank.Pepes came out on top.  It's excellent pizza but not the best.  And Original Unbertos in New Hyde Park deserves to rated higher.  But this is very subjective.

Born and Raised in NYC so the Chicago pizza to me is a different animal all together. Just because it has crust, sauce and cheese doesn't.make it a "pizza" And I love deep dish so dont kill me.  I'd rather have deep.dish over some.of.the pizzas named.on this list. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #15 by LowSlowFoShow on 12 Nov 2018
  • #25 Apizza Amore, Apizza Scholls (Portland, Oregon) - Amazing pizza
Pages:
Actions