Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2018
  • We were there today, pretty cool place. 

• #2 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2018
  • Some good quotes around the inside but the one by Admiral Nimitz caught my eye the most! 

• #3 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2018
  • F4U Corsair & Harrier AV-8B ...LVT-1 amphibious tractor & Curtiss “Jenny”...Douglas SBD Dauntless, Sikorsky UH-34D.

• #4 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2018
  • I had no idea there has been only 3 Marine MOH winners since 1976 and Really had no idea that 2 Marines had won it more then once...That is a skit out of SNL, yeah...that's right, I have 2 Medal of Honor!

• #5 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Sep 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

It was a great day at the National Museum of the Marine Corp with Dozer, and two other pups -- Banner (Dozer's half brother) and Weston (who leaves next week for final training in New York.

The folks at the museum were very welcoming. Not too crowded, but still got to work around people and some kids and also work on dog distraction. Dozer got to work on several sets of stairs and he was a pro when he finished. He also got to ride an elevator and "experience" the Korean Conflict with bombs, mortars, shaking floors and an ice cold room (made out as the Chosin Reservoir). Their Korean Conflict experience was pretty unique.  He did great in all areas! He even held a down stay in the main hall for 15 seconds with me backed up 15 paces!!!!
  • #6 by Goosehunter51 on 30 Sep 2018
  • Awesome thank you for sharing.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2018
  • That sounds real neat.  Thanks for sharing.
  • #8 by urnmor on 30 Sep 2018
  • Thank you for posting.  I have been waiting for the National Army Museum to open at Fort Belvoir Va.    I did not see the address  for the Marine Corp Museum.  So I looked it up for those who will be in the area of Quantico Va. It is located in Triangle, Virginia near MCB Quantico Va
  • #9 by Canadian John on 01 Oct 2018

•  Amazing.
Pages:
Actions