Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Durable and Long Lasting Blender Search  (Read 1665 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Durable and Long Lasting Blender Search
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »

Is there such a machine?  Our " OLD" blender (GE Processor/Blender) died and we want to replace it with something that won't fall apart in a year or two..There some very costly units available that should prove out. While researching, I found some of those have had bad reviews as well as the mid priced units.. Do you or anyone you know have long term experience with your blender, and if so what make is it? What kind of use does it get?  I can always fall back on, you get what you pay for, if in doubt. Thanks all.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Durable and Long Lasting Blender Search
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »

These are the threads I personally like, especially when I can at least give data.  You may not buy it, but I can give you some hard facts!

Like many small appliances, I went through a bunch from age about 20-50, buying the "cheaper" stuff cuz it seemed like the thing to do.  Now this is not a high end blender buy any means (they start at about $350), but it is not the $29 ones I usually ended up with.  I bough the blender below  (I would have bet my last dollar it was a Waring) at the Las Vegas Restaurant Depot in 2011 for $90, one because I was tired of going through $29 blender and they said this was a low end "bar" type blender.  It has worked well.  About the only thing I use it for is Gatorade Slurpee's...About 10 a month.  So it has not gotten a lot of work, but it was rated fairly well, and it has not skipped a beat in almost 8 years.

No frills, it does not have 12 speeds like most every other one I have bought, but it does chew through ice.  I bet it would destroy milk and ice cream.

Hamilton Beach HBB908 Bar Blender

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:58:07 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »

We got a Waring 2-speed commercial many, many years ago that's still going strong - at least it was when we last used it a few years ago. I don't think we've touched it since getting a NutriBullet system from Costco. It's lighter, easier to use and clean, and works just as well if not better. Capacity is a little less but that's about it. Had it only for 4 years but it's still seems like new and we use it almost every day. Probably won't last as long as the old vintage blenders did, but then nothing does.

What types of things do you plan on using for?

urnmor

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

I use the vitamix going on about 4 or 5 years.  It gets a lot of use and has stood upwell

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »

Vitamix is your answer. They're beasts and worth every penny.
Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

dclord

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »

We also have a Vitamix. It's at least 10 years old and we use it a lot. I noticed Target now carries them for less than we paid back then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »

VitaMix are nice units, pretty much the Rolls-Royce...but they are about $400 aren't they?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:10:17 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 11:24:42 PM »

VitaMix are nice units, pretty much the Rolls-Royce...but they are about $400 aren't they?

And worth every penny. The only blender I’ve ever used that will pulverize berry seeds.
Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

DMAXNAZ

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 05:31:38 AM »

We've had the blentec for a few years now. Been a good unit so far and easy to clean. With a Groupon we picked it up for $200. When the kids started getting into smoothies we went through a few blenders before settling on this one. Others just couldn't get a thicker smoothie done.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 08:50:14 AM »

You might consider researching the country of origin before you make your purchase.

It's not easy and in many cases there are no choices (i.e., computers & cell phones), but being selective is important to some people.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Canadian John

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:10 AM »

We got a Waring 2-speed commercial many, many years ago that's still going strong - at least it was when we last used it a few years ago. I don't think we've touched it since getting a NutriBullet system from Costco. It's lighter, easier to use and clean, and works just as well if not better. Capacity is a little less but that's about it. Had it only for 4 years but it's still seems like new and we use it almost every day. Probably won't last as long as the old vintage blenders did, but then nothing does.

What types of things do you plan on using for?
Crepes, blending pie mixes. Just mid to light duty blender use on about weekly basis. When the old blender died, my wife was blending the mixture for 4 pecan pies w/o stopping. that would re classify as H D use to me. If that were the norm I would say we required a commercial class of blender...

Canadian John

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »

That's right. Add a good 30% to that for Canada... Some of their models here are $1,000, plus our 13% sales tax. Their web site lists factory refurbished with a 5 year warranty at a generous discount..I need to do some more research into  this.  The cost could very well outweigh the aggravation.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »

Why not just use an egg beater or Kitchen Aid mixer for those types of things.  Egg beaters are pretty cheap!

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 01:36:05 PM »

That's right. Add a good 30% to that for Canada... Some of their models here are $1,000, plus our 13% sales tax. Their web site lists factory refurbished with a 5 year warranty at a generous discount..I need to do some more research into  this.  The cost could very well outweigh the aggravation.

Don't know if you have a Costco near you, but here in the Bay Area, I've seen roadshows for BlendTec and I think Vitamix as well. That might be a good way to see and taste one in person if you're thinking about a high end machine.

dclord

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »

We bought a refurbished one directly from Vitamix at a pretty significant discount. I see some for around $250 right now. Ours was indistinguishable from new.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up