Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pagesk on 29 Nov 2018
  • We frequently have burn bans during the winter months when we get an inversion layer, we are to suspend using fireplaces/wood heaters unless they are the primary sources of heat.  Rules don't say anything about cooking.  Should I feel guilty doing a brisket or pork shoulder?

At least I'm not burning plastic trash like some of my neighbors.
  • #2 by SmokinHandyman on 29 Nov 2018
  • Smokem' if ya gotta um
  • #3 by ICIdaho on 29 Nov 2018
  • You can feel any way you want, but if the meat needs smoked, it has to be done.
  • #4 by Bobitis on 29 Nov 2018
  • We frequently have burn bans during the winter months when we get an inversion layer, we are to suspend using fireplaces/wood heaters unless they are the primary sources of heat.  Rules don't say anything about cooking.  Should I feel guilty doing a brisket or pork shoulder?

At least I'm not burning plastic trash like some of my neighbors.

I see yer about a straight line west of me near SeaTac. I've never given it a thought. I smoke when I want to, and the local Fire Dept is 2 blocks away.

• #5 by NorCal Smoker on 29 Nov 2018
  • I never feel guilty!  The number of days I am able to fire up the smoker is limited due to work schedule, so I fire it up whenever I can.   :bbq: :cool: :cool:
  • #6 by pmillen on 29 Nov 2018
  • I see yer about a straight line west of me near SeaTac. I've never given it a thought. I smoke when I want to, and the local Fire Dept is 2 blocks away.

Bob, didn't you give those firefighters a pellet pit a while back?  If I'm correct on that, sneak over there some time during a burn ban and see if they're cooking on it.

If I'm wrong, well..."Nevermind."
                                 Emily Latella
Pages:
Actions