Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Durable and Long Lasting Blender Search  (Read 1664 times)

julweidn

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Re: Durable and Long Lasting Blender Search
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »

These are the threads I personally like, especially when I can at least give data.  You may not buy it, but I can give you some hard facts!

Like many small appliances, I went through a bunch from age about 20-50, buying the "cheaper" stuff cuz it seemed like the thing to do.  Now this is not a high end blender buy any means (they start at about $350), but it is not the $29 ones I usually ended up with.  I bough the blender below  (I would have bet my last dollar it was a Waring) at the Las Vegas Restaurant Depot in 2011 for $90, one because I was tired of going through $29 blender and they said this was a low end "bar" type blender.  It has worked well.  About the only thing I use it for is Gatorade Slurpee's...About 10 a month.  So it has not gotten a lot of work, but it was rated fairly well, and it has not skipped a beat in almost 8 years.

No frills, it does not have 12 speeds like most every other one I have bought, but it does chew through ice.  I bet it would destroy milk and ice cream.

Gatorade slurpee?!? That sounds fantastic. Do you just use bottled gatorade and ice? Or do you use the powder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

I mix up a batch of the powered, then put a full scoop in the blender with crushed ice, and fill with liquid Gatorade.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 12:20:04 PM »

Vitamix here also, not sure what model I think I got it from QVC a few years ago. Makes the smoothest,silkest applesauce you could ever want. The GF at the time thought I was crazy for buying a $600.00 blender, but when I used to to make her pumpkin smoothies and milkshakes she didn't care. They are loud though

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 12:38:46 PM »

Vitamix all the way.  I bought three of them for my wife and two daughters over the years out of Costco.  The three of them could break just about anything and this product has held up quite well.  The two that my daughters own are well over 17 years old.  My older daughters unit required a new upper pitcher unit last year due to being placed in storage without proper cleaning.  The other unit that I bought at the same time for my other daughter is still chugging away fine.  I bought another unit for my wife maybe 10 years ago after my daughters moved out with theirs.  The only problem we've had with it is one of the kids used the plunger without the lid in place and chopped it up.  The nice thing about these older units is that you can still get support and parts.

Yellow-03

• Using less gas.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »

And another Vitamix
Cookshack PG-500 (Sep 2018 - Present)
Louisiana Grills LG800E (May 2018 - Sep 2018)
Cookshack FEC-100 (2009 - Present)
Traeger Lil' Tex (2006 - Oct 2018 - gave to son)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »

Yeah—being different—I have a Ninja.  I don't suppose I work it very hard but it's fine for my use.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

julweidn

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 09:18:09 PM »

Yeah—being different—I have a Ninja.  I don't suppose I work it very hard but it's fine for my use.

We have owned a ninja for roughly a year and use it daily with no complaints.

bucky919

• Using less gas.
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »

We have owned a ninja for roughly a year and use it daily with no complaints.

Wife also uses her Ninja daily for the past 3+ years no issues. I really like the coffee and spice grinder.
FireCraft Q450

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »

VitaMix are nice units, pretty much the Rolls-Royce...but they are about $400 aren't they?
We bought a refurbished one directly from Vitamix at a pretty significant discount. I see some for around $250 right now. Ours was indistinguishable from new.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Do the refurbished units come with the same warranties, customer service, parts replacement, etc... that you would expect if buying new?  I'm actually not even sure what the warranties/service is like for new units, just figured it would be good for the price. 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

dclord

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »

VitaMix are nice units, pretty much the Rolls-Royce...but they are about $400 aren't they?
We bought a refurbished one directly from Vitamix at a pretty significant discount. I see some for around $250 right now. Ours was indistinguishable from new.

Do the refurbished units come with the same warranties, customer service, parts replacement, etc... that you would expect if buying new?  I'm actually not even sure what the warranties/service is like for new units, just figured it would be good for the price.
Full 5 year warranty on the refurbished units.

Redapple

• Using less gas.
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »

part of the Vitamix crowd. We love ours

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 07:18:05 PM »

I think we have Kitchen Aid but it is lucky if it is used once a year.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

SurfAndTurf

• Using less gas.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 07:11:29 PM »

Vitamix here also.
We use it at least 4x weekly, some seasons daily.
It's held up beautifully, no worries.
SurfAndTurf

pagesk

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 05:07:56 PM »

Exactly what I did; free shipping and no sales tax.  For $250 it was a higher end model that retailed in the $400+range.
PG500
Olalla, WA

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »

I have a 10 year old vitamix and a 15 year old vitamix. Both are strong as day 1
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up