Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pellet fired pizzas  (Read 1340 times)

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Pellet fired pizzas
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »

I buy frozen pizza dough balls from Resturant Depot.  They sell Lamonica's which was the "2011 Winner of San Francisco Chronicle’s Taster’s Choice panel for ‘Do it Yourself Pizza’".  Is it the best I have ever had? No, but its pretty dang good and zero preparation.

What do you do with the frozen dough?  Roll it out to desired thickness, circumference, etc?  Tell me more about your process from when you pull it out of the freezer until you pull it off the smoker.  I am intrigued by this simply because I don't want to have to put the effort into experimenting and creating my own dough.

I used to use Lamonica's and it's pretty good for a frozen dough, but not as good as fresh. Here are their instructions:
Place the frozen dough ball in an oiled container; spray some oil on top and cover.
Leave out at room temperature (time will depend on the temperature in the kitchen, and the time of year).
When the dough reaches to 2/3’s the size of the container it is ready for use.  If you are not planning to use it within an hour place in your refrigerator.
Remove the proofed dough, and make a great pizza.

I never roll out dough, I hand stretch.

If you've got a stand mixer, you can prepare your own dough in 15 minutes with just flour, water, salt and yeast and a bit of oil.

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • smoke em if you got em
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

I buy frozen pizza dough balls from Resturant Depot.  They sell Lamonica's which was the "2011 Winner of San Francisco Chronicle’s Taster’s Choice panel for ‘Do it Yourself Pizza’".  Is it the best I have ever had? No, but its pretty dang good and zero preparation.

What do you do with the frozen dough?  Roll it out to desired thickness, circumference, etc?  Tell me more about your process from when you pull it out of the freezer until you pull it off the smoker.  I am intrigued by this simply because I don't want to have to put the effort into experimenting and creating my own dough.

I will remove the desired number of dough balls the night before, lightly coat them in olive oil and put them in the fridge.  A few hours before I will remove them from the fridge and let them warm up a bit. I use a rolling pin and roll them to 14".
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »

Makes me fell better, I though I was the only one that did this...just cant master hand tossing!

I use a rolling pin and roll them to 14".
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »

No need to toss, just stretch with your hands and fingers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAeKM_f2WU

tewharaunz

• Using less gas.
  • Charteris Bay, NZ
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 09:51:32 PM »

Back to the OP's original question, I've got the GMG's Pizza attachment in an old Traeger and it has become our dedicated pizza oven.  On the High temp setting, the pizza stone surface gets up to 350c (~650F) and cooks a pizza in 3-4 minutes.

We just use the pizza dough recipe in the bread-maker.

Traeger Pro 22 Traeger Lil Tex w/ GMG Pizza oven insert GMG Davy Crocket
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up