Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotel Pan of Lasagna? Any recipes?  (Read 864 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Hotel Pan of Lasagna? Any recipes?
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:35:23 PM »

We are doing Christmas early, the weekend before. I want to just maybe make up a large pan or 2 of lasagna. It has been years since I have made any, not sure how much of anything I would need to do a pan. 12x20 i believe they are.

Also open to other suggestions. just looking for something different than the normal ham, potatoes, and stuffing or corn. I used to lik making a duck for Christmas, but these folks wouldn't eat it.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Hotel Pan of Lasagna? Any recipes?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »

I like a bechamel lasagna instead of ricotta with a shredded mixed meat ragu. If you are up for a project, I'd be happy to give you the recipe. Its quite a bit of prep work, but can all be done ahead.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 08:00:52 AM »

This isn't lasagna, but a take off on it.  If you like Mexican, you might like this.

I make an "enchillada lasanga" -- all the enchillada ingrediaents, just layered. Sauce on bottom, then a layer of corn tortillas, then cooked meat (for me hamburger), then cheddar cheese, then sauce and repeat.  Top with cheese and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  Serve with some sour cream and even guac if you like -- and of corse Spanish rice and refried beans!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:36:34 AM »

I have done it in full and half.  Full will feed a lot of people and you can do about a 4 layer if you want to go that high.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »

I have done it in full and half.  Full will feed a lot of people and you can do about a 4 layer if you want to go that high.

Any ideas on ho much stuff i would need to start with for a pan?

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »

I like a bechamel lasagna instead of ricotta with a shredded mixed meat ragu. If you are up for a project, I'd be happy to give you the recipe. Its quite a bit of prep work, but can all be done ahead.

I would love to have the recipe.
That looks very good.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »

Any ideas on ho much stuff i would need to start with for a pan?

I will give you my best shot!  4 layers would be to much I believe, specially if you like a lot of meat, cheese and sauce like I do.  The pasta calculation should be easy. 1/2 is 5 strips to a layer, 3 layers should be about one box as each strip is just under 1oz, the picture is 7 pieces of pasta.  Full pan would go about 9 to a row or 27, so 2 box should handle that.

Now the hard part, meat, cheese and sauce.  I know that when I make a 13x9 3 layer I use 3 lbs GB/sausage, about a pound of mozzarella, and 16oz ricotta and 8oz cottage cheese mixed with eggs.  I use about 3 qts of sauce.  About 2 cups each, mushrooms and onions.

I think if you doubled the above you would have a little left over for 1/2 pan.  I think you would need to triple it for full pan...My best shot!  Again, I like a huge, plump lasagna!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »

If you are looking for something really different you might try moussaka. It is a similar casserole using potatoes and eggplant instead of pasta. When I make it, I use the same meat sauce that I use for lasagna or Spaggitti. If you are interested I can PM you the recipe that I use.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:14:50 PM by hughver »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »

If you are looking for something really different you might try moussaka. It is a similar casserole using potatoes and eggplant instead of pasta. When I make it, I use the same meat sauce that I use for lasagna or Spaggitti. If you are interested I can PM you the recipe that I use.

Oh yes serve them egg plant. I like that idea, they would never want me to cook again. Me i would love it, I will eat just about anything, the GF and her family they don't get much off the normal food path. I mentioned Duck and got really bad looks. I told them I like to add slices of sandwich pepperoni and hard salami in my lasagna and also cube some up in  my mac n cheese. Oh the hairy eyeballs i got.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »

Thank you Bentley. I was thinking 10 pound of meat, 2.5 pound each provolone and mozzarella, 2 boxes of noodles. I have 4" pans i think instead of the 2.5 inch. I may have a 6" also.

I also like stuff in my lasagna, more than pasta.

Feeding 10 to 12 people, and they usually bring containers so there is little to nothing left over.

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 03:35:07 PM »

I've traveled extensively, eaten at nice restaurants.  IMO nothing can beat a Stouffer's Lasagna with Meat Sauce they day after cold out of the fridge.

I'll go ahead and ban myself from PF for 24 hours now  ;D

DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 04:12:03 PM »

I've traveled extensively, eaten at nice restaurants.  IMO nothing can beat a Stouffer's Lasagna with Meat Sauce they day after cold out of the fridge.

DK

The local Weis grocery store had their large like 5# Stouffer's for $0.99 if you used their shopping app.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 06:30:05 PM »

DK

I can understand that. Cold spaghetti with garlic salt for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up