Accessories & Essentials > Equipment -- grill grates, grill mats, brushes, covers, tongs, etc.

Frog Mats, Q-Matz

(1/4) > >>

Quadman750:
I have Frog Mats & Q-Matz, they are both great. The Frog Mats have bigger spacing. I use mine for smoking things that might not sit well on the grates like ABT's. What does everybody else use theirs for, anybody have any good uses & tricks. Mine have been scrubbed so many times they don't seem to be so non stick anymore, they are getting harder to clean.

TechMOGogy:
I use mine for jerky
They are a real pain to clean - that we can probably all agree on!

Queball:
I lightly spray mine with canola oil before I put any food on them. It makes it fairly easy clean that way.

Quadman750:

--- Quote from: Queball on September 11, 2017, 09:47:07 AM ---I lightly spray mine with canola oil before I put any food on them. It makes it fairly easy clean that way.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip, I never thought of that.

ICIdaho:
I use GMG's version of them.  They clean okay with a plastic bristle brush.  I use for delicate stuff, but I also you them as a way to easily rotate and move the food around.  Ribs and spatchcocked chicken are my most recent thing.  It keeps me from having to lift a heavy moist hunk of meat with tongs and spatulas and have it falling apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View