Pages:
Actions
  • #136 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Mar 2022
  • Charles Pizza - Whitehall, PA $9 - have not been there in probably 30 years.  Don't know why I waited almost 6 years since I've been back in the area to get there.  Drove by it probably 100 times during that time.  Grabbed an Italian hoagie to go while there too

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #137 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2022
  • Making me hungry.
  • #138 by yorkdude on 25 Mar 2022
  • Charles Pizza - Whitehall, PA $9 - have not been there in probably 30 years.  Don't know why I waited almost 6 years since I've been back in the area to get there.  Drove by it probably 100 times during that time.  Grabbed an Italian hoagie to go while there too

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Holy smokes, that looks fantastic.
  • #139 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2022
  • I am not in for the red sauce on my cheese steak, but I like the texture of that sandwich!
  • #140 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2022
  • I am not in for the red sauce on my cheese steak, but I like the texture of that sandwich!

Same here.  Sauce is OK, but just meat, cheese, and grilled onions is my preference.
  • #141 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • I typically buy them as they make them.  In the Lehigh Valley, they typically have red sauce on them.  70 miles down the road in Philly that would be blasphemy. I typically get them with wiz if that is the choice of cheese at a Philly location.

Will see how today goes.  I may get a cheesesteak for 3rd day in a row.  I have to make the rounds to drop off items at friends houses to give them back the items they left at my house last Saturday for Pierogie Fest.
  • #142 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2022
  • And where were the pictures of pierogi fest?
  • #143 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Carl's Corner - Bethlehem, PA a block down the street from Moravian University (Moravian College back in my days there) $10
    Probably one of the best I have had.  Right amount of salt and pepper on the meat that could be tasted when eating.  Red sauce was different than normal pizza sauce and gave the sandwich a better flavor because of it versus pizza sauce.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #144 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Apr 2022
  • Valley Pizza, Walnutport, PA -

$9 cheesesteak
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

And a pizza I ordered to take home for the evening
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

• #145 by Bentley on 02 Apr 2022
  • So for clarification, the red sauce replaces the cheese or is in addition to it? Any other sauce options in places like this besides red sauce?
  • #146 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Apr 2022
  • So for clarification, the red sauce replaces the cheese or is in addition to it? Any other sauce options in places like this besides red sauce?

Cheese is under the meat on this one. No other sauce options at most places in this area than red or none.
  • #147 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2022
  • Today, I am going to attempt to make my own Italian Beef sandwiches.  I found this discount grocer about 5 miles north of me a few months ago through a friend of mine.  They have great prices on deli meats.  I bought 3# of John F Martin Italian Roast Beef and had them slice pretty thin.  Not sure they could have sliced thinner unless it was frozen.  I threw about a pound into a crock pot with some beef stock and some spices.  Will see how it turns out in a few hours as it will probably be my dinner tonight.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #148 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #149 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #150 by Bentley on 03 Apr 2022
  • I was thinking Man, crock pot, what does that have to do with a Cheese Steak...Then I look at the title again and it made sense!
Pages:
Actions