Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by yorkdude on 18 Oct 2018
  • They have some pretty good ones in Kansas City, we did eat at 'Jess & Jims' a few weeks ago, some folks love it, others not so much.
    I had the 30oz Porterhouse, I get my steaks rare, it was pretty good, not outstanding but my wife got the sliders and they were really VERY good.
    We also eat every now and then at a place called "Next Gen Chophouse" in Maple Hill Kansas.
    They have some awfully good steaks also, I have had the bacon wrapped filet and the bone in ribeye on a few occasions, both of those are all I have tried steakwise there.
    We get the shrimp poppers for appetizers, they are phenomenal. Big prawns, bacon wrapped and grilled and drizzled in some kind of spicy bbq sauce.
    Their burgers are also quite good, they never dissapoint.
    We are thinking about going there again this weekend, if we do, I will grab a few photos.
    It is a very nice addition to this area, pricey enough to keep out some but well worth it.
    We always sit at the bar, the one bar tender is phenomenal, he does the kind of things you see those high end folks do, tossing glasses kind of stuff.
    The fried green tomatoes are also really good.
  • #17 by Ralphie on 18 Oct 2018
  • It would be cool if some other folks on here did something similar with regional specialties in their area.  I may do the same thing with chicken wings and microbreweries.

If you ever make it to North Carolina I'd love to jump in on the wings and beer tour.
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Oct 2018
  • It would be cool if some other folks on here did something similar with regional specialties in their area.  I may do the same thing with chicken wings and microbreweries.

If you ever make it to North Carolina I'd love to jump in on the wings and beer tour.

I've been to 8 breweries in PA and IL in the last 3 months so I have a start to write about.  Only been disappointed by one of them.
  • #19 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2018
  • Here are a few pictures from tonight’s dinner.
    The burgers are truly crazy good.
    Have no idea how to “right” the pictures and I have tried? (Admin Edit: I really wanted to read the menu!)

• #20 by Bentley on 19 Oct 2018
  • A burger that fits the bun, I would have one just for that reason alone!
  • #21 by ZCZ on 20 Oct 2018
  • Before posting a picture: open the picture, rotate it 90 deg., save it.  Close.  Go back in & open the picture, rotate to proper view. Save it. Post it.

Once a crooked picture is posted I have found I have to delete the post, do the above procedure then repost.

Anymore I do the above procedure to all the pictures that I am going to post before I do any posting. Have not had a problem since. I do all my picture posting from my iPhone 8+.

Z
  • #22 by Bentley on 20 Oct 2018
  • Thanks, cuz I had no idea how to do it!  I had to save the picture to my computer, then download to imgur, then put a link in the thread!

Before posting a picture: open the picture, rotate it 90 deg., save it.  Close.  Go back in & open the picture, rotate to proper view. Save it. Post it.

Once a crooked picture is posted I have found I have to delete the post, do the above procedure then repost.

Anymore I do the above procedure to all the pictures that I am going to post before I do any posting. Have not had a problem since. I do all my picture posting from my iPhone 8+.

Z
  • #23 by BigDave83 on 20 Oct 2018
  • That is a great looking burger, which one did you get? What are Calf Fries?
  • #24 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Oct 2018
  • I thought Rocky Mt Oysters were suppose to be sheep testicles?  Or does the type of animal matter?
  • #25 by yorkdude on 20 Oct 2018
  • I thought Rocky Mt Oysters were suppose to be sheep testicles?  Or does the type of animal matter?
    Calf fries, at least as we know them are beef testicles.....and done right, are outstanding. I have heard “Rocky Mountain oysters “ and to us anyway, are the same.
    The burger I get is the original, if you notice they bring condiments to me on a different plate. They do a great job on the burgers,They taste so beefy .
    They are cattle ranchers and this is a “side job”. You can google the whole operation. Pretty neat deal.
  • #26 by Bentley on 20 Oct 2018
  • I always thought calf fries were beef and further more sliced and served like a chip and RMO were sheep or lamb and were served whole...but maybe it is just a colloquial thing?
  • #27 by yorkdude on 20 Oct 2018
  • I always thought calf fries were beef and further more sliced and served like a chip and RMO were sheep or lamb and were served whole...but maybe it is just a colloquial thing?
    You are right about calf fries, some of the folks we run with call them RMO’s, never eaten them whole and wouldn’t, best I can tell a parakeet’s whole would take me out of the running. We have been to many a church social and they are on the menu. VFW’s or Legion hall and Bam, standard fare.
  • #28 by Free Mr. Tony on 21 Oct 2018
  • I love country fried steak sandwiches.  Only a handful of places that I have ever been have them on the menu.  Every tried it from there?  It's making my mouth water just thinking about it. 
  • #29 by yorkdude on 22 Oct 2018
  • I love country fried steak sandwiches.  Only a handful of places that I have ever been have them on the menu.  Every tried it from there?  It's making my mouth water just thinking about it.
    I have not but my wife has gotten the chicken fried a few times and it’s great. I will try one and snap a photo, just have always landed on the burger or steak.
  • #30 by Bentley on 22 Oct 2018
  • Will be curious to see if the sauce is the same Sawmill gravy that would be served if it were an entree!
Pages:
Actions