Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2022
  • It had a good flavor, but not quite as tender as in Chicago.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #152 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Apr 2022
  • This is a slight detour from this thread but it is cheesesteak related.  A cheesesteak flavored slice of pizza from Angel's Pizza in Whitehall, PA

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #153 by 02ebz06 on 08 Apr 2022
  • Looks like a good NY slice.
  • #154 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 May 2022
  • #155 by Bentley on 11 May 2022
  • I missed the April 3rd post.  That sandwich needs a lot more of Da Juice...
  • #156 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 May 2022
  • I missed the April 3rd post.  That sandwich needs a lot more of Da Juice...

I have a few more pounds in the freezer to try out and see if I can make it better.
  • #157 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Sep 2022
  • Whiz Kidz - Bethlehem, PA
    I would rate this average.  I was a little disappointed that they did not cook it fresh.  They had the grilled meat in a steam table.  Also, onions were a little too big for my liking.  Lastly, it was covered by so much cheese that you could not taste the flavor of the meat.  I don't have to go back there again.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #158 by Bentley on 16 Sep 2022
  • And on 1st seeing the sandwich, my initial reaction was...now that is my kind of cheese steak with Wiz!
  • #159 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Sep 2022
  • And on 1st seeing the sandwich, my initial reaction was...now that is my kind of cheese steak with Wiz!

Maybe you would have loved it.  I've had these rolls before and they seemed better on fresh meat hot off the grill sandwiches.  With this meat already cooked version, the roll seemed a little too much dough.  It could also be because I've had sandwiches that have been filled with more meat than this too.  It was $11.99 for a large.

https://lisciosbakery.com/
  • #160 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2022
  • I am going a buddies house to watch the Philadelphia Union play in the MLS (Major League Soccer) championship game today.  What better way to get prepared for the game than to have a homemade Philly cheesesteak.

2 small onions and 24 oz of chip steak (thin sliced sirloin)
    Jalapeno and cayenne cheddar cheese
    Amoroso hoagie rolls

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #161 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #162 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #163 by 02ebz06 on 05 Nov 2022
  • Good cheesesteaks sandwiches are the think I miss most from back east.
    The Amorosa rolls make the sandwich.
  • #164 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2022
  • Those sandwiches look better and I am sure had more flavor then the ones we had at Geno's and Jim's several years ago.  I can just look at them and see that!
  • #165 by yorkdude on 05 Nov 2022
  • They look outstanding.
Pages:
Actions