Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Free Mr. Tony on 22 Oct 2018
  • Will be curious to see if the sauce is the same Sawmill gravy that would be served if it were an entree!

The few places around here that serve them fry them then dunk in beef gravy then place on a bun. So it's a dark semi thin gravy as opposed to the thicker white type. Im not a huge fan of the white gravy.
  • #32 by Bentley on 22 Oct 2018
  • Interesting chain of posts, as when I have asked folks what is the difference between Country & Chicken fried, I was always told Country has a brown gravy and Chicken Sawmill or white...This seems to bear that out!

I love country fried steak sandwiches.   
    I have not but my wife has gotten the chicken fried a few times and it’s great.

Will be curious to see if the sauce is the same Sawmill gravy that would be served if it were an entree!

The few places around here that serve them fry them then dunk in beef gravy then place on a bun. So it's a dark semi thin gravy as opposed to the thicker white type. Im not a huge fan of the white gravy.
  • #33 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2018
  • Back on track to this thread (sort of), I have added a new post.  Since I will not be having any Italian Beef sandwiches for a while, I have added the cheesesteak to the blog tour since I can get them almost anywhere here in Eastern PA.  First post is on the blog for those interested.
  • #34 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2018
  • Added another variation of the cheesesteak as I had one for lunch today.

Lew's Italian Beef Tour
  • #35 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2018
  • The ones you show just look like they have more flavor then Jims, Pats or Geno's, the only 3 I have had!
  • #36 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Nov 2018
  • Went out to buy some homemade pierogies by a local church today and stopped for another cheesesteak.  Had some local soda, A-Treat Birch Beer, while there.  Blog updated.

I'm starting to feel like a food critic.  Maybe I can get a TV show. ;D
  • #37 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #38 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2020
  • Greg's West End Saloon (Allentown, PA)
    The Brass Rail (Allentown, PA)
    Geno's (Philadelphia, PA)
  • #39 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2020
  • ?

1st one looks like a BBQ Beef on a Hoagie. 2nd a chopped beef & onions with red sauce? And 3rd looks like Lingua and mushrooms?

Are they all in the same family of sandwich?
  • #40 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2020
  • all cheesesteaks
  • #41 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2020
  • What sauce is on the 1st one? Gino's, what a disappointment that was!
  • #42 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2020
  • What sauce is on the 1st one? Gino's, what a disappointment that was!

A red sauce that is mixed on the grill with the meat, onions and cheese near the end of the cook before putting on the sandwich.
  • #43 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Jul 2020
  • #44 by Bentley on 22 Jul 2020
  • Read a little bit, power out since 3.  Do not know how folks do this stuff on a phone. Takes me 5 minutes to write something like this. I look forward to seeing the 20, saw 1st two and could not take it anymore.
  • #45 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Jul 2020
  • Seeing that it put AL's at #1, now I'm really curious how mine stacks up against it in this thread

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=1718.0

As I mentioned in the post I remember it being close, but haven't tried them side by side.
Pages:
Actions