Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Nov 2020
  • Having lived in California for 52 years of my 60+ years, I wonder what makes this cheese steak get that designation?

Lettuce, tomato, and mayo
  • #62 by Bentley on 18 Nov 2020
  • I did not see the earlier lettuce comment.  Lettuce on a cheese steak, that is totally unacceptable.  That is like putting lettuce on Nacho's!
  • #63 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Nov 2020
  • Lettuce, tomato, and mayo on a cheeseburger is also known as a California cheeseburger, and if you put it on a long roll it is known as a California cheeseburger sub
  • #64 by 02ebz06 on 18 Nov 2020
  • I did not see the earlier lettuce comment.  Lettuce on a cheese steak, that is totally unacceptable.  That is like putting lettuce on Nacho's!

Lettuce belongs in a salad.   ;D
  • #65 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2020
  • Picked up a Jersey Mike's giant size Big Kahuna steak sandwich - beef, lots of cheese (American), grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms, and jalapenos.  I have not had this sandwich in over 5 years, and have not had a cheese steak in over a month.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #66 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Dec 2020
  • The only hot one I ever get from there is the Reuben. Pretty solid. Don't believe I've tried the cheese steak.
  • #67 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Mar 2021
  • Stopped and grabbed a cheesesteak at Wawa (regional gas station mega convenience store) on my way home from the brewery on Friday night.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #68 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2021
  • We have those somewhat around here.  Have to go more towards Mt Pilot to find one...How was it?
  • #69 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Mar 2021
  • We have those somewhat around here.  Have to go more towards Mt Pilot to find one...How was it?

Better than Subway, but not something I would eat regularly.
  • #70 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2021
  • Never had a Subway cheese steak...I think I tried to stay away from beef products at Subway after my one and only meatball sub!
  • #71 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Mar 2021
  • Nice video on some cheesesteak bun baking in Philadelphia.

https://youtu.be/AYvuovuMpkI
  • #72 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Mar 2021
  • I saw the headline for that story in my news feed earlier today but didn't watch it.  Thanks for sharing.  I thought it was a great story.  Some interesting equipment that he has.
  • #73 by Bentley on 21 Mar 2021
  • I am not sure of the style of the guys raw meat.  At 1st I though the balls were ground beef, that won't work.  Then it looked some what food processor(ed).  I like to chop up my beef during cooking and blend in the fixins to finish it, so I get what he was doing with the onions.  Can't be pulling cheese out of a dish and putting it on the bread 1st, that is not for me. 

Glad to hear he had hundreds of failures!  Don't feel quit as bad!
  • #74 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Mar 2021
  • A lot of Philly places use a cheese sauce versus melting cheese slices
  • #75 by Bentley on 21 Mar 2021
  • You mean Whiz?  I know that is an option and is put on with a mustard stick, but that looked like melted Provolone he was putting on!
Pages:
Actions